Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HJ knife by W.K.C.

Article about: Hello friends, here is photos of my HJ knife, the only one which I have in my collection. It was a gift from my uncle many, many years ago. Knife is in "as found" condition, HJ bad

Default HJ knife by W.K.C.

Hello friends, here is photos of my HJ knife, the only one which I have in my collection. It was a gift from my uncle many, many years ago. Knife is in "as found" condition, HJ badge was broken, so I fix it into the handle. I like it too much despite its condition. Knife shows a lot of usage during the period, but it is what it is.

Enjoy photos,

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife by W.K.C.   HJ knife by W.K.C.  

HJ knife by W.K.C.   HJ knife by W.K.C.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife by W.K.C.
    P
    Many

That's a interesting knife. I don't think that I have seen double market WKC from 1939.
    Very nice,congrats

stingray

old but good.

?

Hi Peter,

First time i seen a Daul marked 1939 dated WKC

Heres a pic of a 1937 WKC Transitional with blued scabbard .

Regards Mac 66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife by W.K.C.   HJ knife by W.K.C.  

Hello, dear friends, all what I can say about this knife is, that it was find by my uncle. My uncle was born in Czechoslovakia, and he bought this knife direct from its previous owner - HJ member - so this knife is 100% authentic! I don´t know exact name of HJ member, but I can tell you he was a teacher after the war. My uncle learn math on secondary school and become friend of the owner of the knife! This knife served in Afghanistan during the soviet era, because my uncle was a member of special forces - he was a paratrooper and use this knife, after war he gave it to me.

So that is why I kept this knife in my collection! Member of my family use it during the war!

Another piece of the Puzzle..Thanks for sharing this Peter!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

A well worn Original, nice double marked logo on the blade.
    Its Always a bonus knowing the strory behind the artifact!

Ger

Im gonna add to the thread and say its rare for 2 reasons, one being we don't see many WKC youth knives full stop without meantioning it is double stamped with the Rzm mark (which is very nice). The Motto is associated with the early knives however as we know the RZM transfer is later period.
    It is possible to have all three but rare, however I always think it does always pay to look more carefully at the motto's on these kind.

The transitional period was between 1936-39 with HJ knives with the motto being the "early" vintage makes sense and would fit the 1937 criteria. I have not seen any Later period HJ knives from 1940 and on with a dual logo together as is seen with mid period transitionals. I do agree yes......it is very rare to see a WKC maker. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for your comments matty and Larry. I don´t have a lot of knowledge about HJ knifes, so I only learn more information about them. It is shame that this dagger is not in better condition, but maybe in future I find better one to add into collection. There are not many authentic HJ knifes to find in slovakia

Regards Peter