Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn

Article about: Larry, what a beautiful picture. i feel "at home" now. Lets not detract though from the thread, a possible few thousand was spent on a dagger that does not seem to be boding well h

Default HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn

Just got this one. Anybody know if it is a real one? Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn   HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn  

HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn   HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn

Der Kerl,,,did you research this first before you bought it? I hope you realize an original Eickhorn HJ leader will start in price around $6000. There are some issues I will address about it later. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

It appears to be the real deal, the scabbard has a few knocks etc and the blade could do with a gentle clean to remove fingerprints and general dirt but wait for some other comments

?

Larry's comments will outweigh mine, i was reluctant to positively confirm authenticity but as he says these are exceptionally expensive daggers but are also faked to a relatively high standard to fool the unwary

I am already at odds with the ferrule ring line being too thin and the band of squares around the upper scabbard fitting are too fat. The pommel swaz shows no defects or lifting. I would like to see closeups of the logo ,, with no flash. What troubles me the most is that it was bought first and then questions asked. I agree i like to hear other opinions on this.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The thing that did worry me was the eagle motif on the top scabbard fitting, it appears to be very weak in detail, compared to confirmed originals, i attempted to find one in my Johnsons book but he doesnt show one, at least in volume 4, which is strange as it lists rare daggers

I did the best I could researching it in advance. I have a two week right of return. I figured I could give it a free shot. There are a lot of fakes out there and it doesn't conform to those. I liked the "story" and source. This is not in my area really. I just stumbled into it. Kind of the first real payoff for printing up cards for a long-long time. Doug

?

It might help if you could say how much was paid , if it was relatively cheap then you have to ask why for a rare piece, if expensive you need to firmly establish originality and there is some doubt, perhaps clearer photos of the points mentioned may assist in proving either way

As Dave also said the Eagle on the upper scabbard fitting has questionable detail,, "too fat looking ". So sometimes I can be long winded in my replies or comments but in this case,, Pictures are worth a thousand words. Below is one link of the Identical maker Eickhorn RZM 7/66

Lakesidetrader

Look at the detail mostly in the fittings and overall condition and patina. If even one fitting is no good on one of these highly copied daggers,, then the whole thing is no good. Your example is a high quality repro,,which most of these came out of Russia. The pommel cap is a dead give away in detail and appearance. Everyone falls for love at first sight and not looking at the small details because ( it or she ) is too beautiful to have anything wrong with it. Clear away the hot smoke with your arms and (( look at the price)),, and if its too good to be true,, then take a look again at the small details. On a good note you do have a 2 week window for a return,,and a hard study. Best regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-26-2020 at 04:08 AM.

?

Doesnt bode well for this one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast