Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn

Article about: Larry, what a beautiful picture. i feel "at home" now. Lets not detract though from the thread, a possible few thousand was spent on a dagger that does not seem to be boding well h

Default Re: HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn

Larry C,To add my two cents the HJ Blade Motto does not have the darkened recesses like an SA dagger has to have a piece to compare. Never saw a more mishandled rare piece? and your observations are 100% correct!Buy first and then post!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Yes Goodbuys I agree and I see your point but my intentions are for those to arm themselves with as much knowledge as possible to avoid buying on impulse and regret if they can not return it. I hate to see when people get duped and have a small pile of metal and a few scraps of leather only worth the amount of time it took to create it. I myself would buy this repro as a reference tool for comparison as this is one of the better ones,, but only if it was worth $150. That amount I would pay as an investment in thousands of dollars in savings and heartbreak.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry C.,I should have made it clear that all collectors should yes arm themselves with as much knowledge as possible.Also we are lucky enough to be able to show any piece albiet daggers,swords,caps,tunics etc.,etc.on the forums and what i meant that to buy a very expensive edged weapon and then ask opinions is very,very, foolish!!!I go back to the days of Roger Steele,Atwood,and yes ole Charlie Synder so you get my drift!I to hate the idea that these lice will take monies from new or inexperinced guys and love every $ they steal!

IF you don't mind telling us how much you paid it might be easer to say if it real or not.If you have a two week right of return looks like you might be doing business with a reputable dealer.So not as nice as the other daggers posted but if it is real and you did not pay a bundle good for you.

?

lol you cant judge authenticity by the price some one paid. many things found out of the woodwork sell for far less than you would find from a dealer. i know many people are just use to buying from dealers, that is unfortunate. but many things are found for very low prices at times from family and friends of vets. they do not place the value on these things that collectors do. forget about authenticity by price unless its bought from a dealer. i have paid nothing for some things i have, that sure dont make them fake. but on the HJ leader, i think the scabbard is to black, it should be a dark blue if i remember right from the one i use to have.
    Andrew

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    I to hate the idea that these lice will take monies from new or inexperinced guys and love every $ they steal!
    I thought that this Forum did not tolerate Insults? You have just called two dead people, and one very much living person, Lice, and accused them of Theft!
    Why is it, that when certain names are mentioned in the most Shabbiest of ways, and accused of - in this case - Theft, it passes and giggles follow, yet as soon as the name of a Dealer, who deserves to be outed as a, "thief" or a "Louse" is mentioned, - yet is "liked" by the MODs here..or "accepted" by a few collectors as being a Good guy....posts get deleted and "Refrain from Insulting others" is slapped across the thread by said MODs?
    Anyone?

?

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    I thought that this Forum did not tolerate Insults? You have just called two dead people, and one very much living person, Lice, and accused them of Theft!
    Why is it, that when certain names are mentioned in the most Shabbiest of ways, and accused of - in this case - Theft, it passes and giggles follow, yet as soon as the name of a Dealer, who deserves to be outed as a, "thief" or a "Louse" is mentioned, - yet is "liked" by the MODs here..or "accepted" by a few collectors as being a Good guy....posts get deleted and "Refrain from Insulting others" is slapped across the thread by said MODs?
    Anyone?
    I think if you re-read the comment, there was no direct accusation of three people, however it was a general observation of the type of people who continually attempt to fool the unwary by selling fakes as originals and they are the bain of the collecting community and deserve to be outed for who and what they do, how would you describe someone like Pawel Nowak i would be interested to hear your comments, there is an old saying "if the cap fits" etc and in these cases it fits very well

Metallfabrik,Maybe you should read what davejb posted before you state that i called on two dead persons and one living thieves you should as he said re-read the comment and not with few posts go accusing other members of what you thought they said!!That is why i rarely post on WRF because there are a number of members with chips on there shoulders!I won't make any further comments because it won't do anygood to continue this postings.

Well said Gents as there is no room for drama on this forum. We focus more so on the collectible,,than name calling. If it sounded out of context "MWF' that was not the intention. The Sword and dagger community here stand on the ground to protect the seller and buyer. A small percentage sometimes are not the best examples of Stewardship. Call it what you will,, but we will protect the collector first,,AND WARN THEM, of a potential scam from a buyer or seller. If its not on the up and up,, it is out of my hands what scammers and thieves are called. What goes around comes around,,,....If name calling towards other members and visitors initiates because of hard or hurt feelings,, THEN this will not be tolerated. No room for name calling within our community.

We may not see eye to eye sometimes as opinions drive this whole website,,but we dress and discuss in a manner of gentlemen,, the photo below from member FB of the SS forum depicts that. As you can see we ourselves dress in the collecting attitude. Everything else is left outside in the playgrounds sandbox. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well Gents, putting this complete thread into a few lines:
    When your not completely sure about an item, or lack knownledge, please post it here before you buy!
    Saves you a lot of trouble...and money.
    Different opinions and views are welcome if members respect each other, sometimes the truth is hard when an item is not was it supposed to be.
    Unfortunate fakes are getting that good that excellent pictures/macro's are needed to determen if its the real deal or not.
    Our intension is always to help eachother, with that in mind the answer might not be so personal as you think at first sight!

Cheers Ger!
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-03-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast