Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn

Article about: Larry, what a beautiful picture. i feel "at home" now. Lets not detract though from the thread, a possible few thousand was spent on a dagger that does not seem to be boding well h

Default Re: HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn

Larry, what a beautiful picture. i feel "at home" now. Lets not detract though from the thread, a possible few thousand was spent on a dagger that does not seem to be boding well here....
    @Davejb- i have re-read, and reread and read again.. and i have lost the plot!
    ps:dont focus on me: Focus on the dagger, and spread moonbeams and wisdom!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Leader Dagger Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    I thought that this Forum did not tolerate Insults? You have just called two dead people, and one very much living person, Lice, and accused them of Theft!
    Why is it, that when certain names are mentioned in the most Shabbiest of ways, and accused of - in this case - Theft, it passes and giggles follow, yet as soon as the name of a Dealer, who deserves to be outed as a, "thief" or a "Louse" is mentioned, - yet is "liked" by the MODs here..or "accepted" by a few collectors as being a Good guy....posts get deleted and "Refrain from Insulting others" is slapped across the thread by said MODs?
    Anyone?
    MWF you are correct( lets focus ) on the dagger itself,, but my question what is your opinion on this dagger??,, not including the previous comments you made on your prior post as they have nothing to do with the original intent of this thread. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My opinion: is that the dagger pictured here, is a an early 1980`s reproduction.

I returned it yesterday. Guy insists, and I have no reason to doubt him, that he believes that his grandad brought it home. I bought it from him noteing that it did not conform to known original examples but that I would give it a go with the understanding that I had a two week right of return. Sure looked good to me. Shows how good the fakers are or do we know less about these than we thought? Doug

Hi Der Kerl,, sometimes it is better to walk away from something,, even deep down we still might have reservations about it,, its better to walk away and lose nothing except a little time,, another will come along. So many times I have walked away from certain daggers knowing that they were good or "someone" said it was good.. but its your own decision that you must live with. But something about the daggers i walked away from struck me odd and although much of it was authentic,, there was an " Air' about it that pulled me away...(( or it was not for me at all.)) IMO I feel you made the right choice as I myself would not of settled for it. So many collectors really dont know what is real in their own collections and what is not. Study and research separates the two. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3