Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ olympic dagger

Article about: I hope its real. its a pretty dagger!

?

Default Re: HJ olympic dagger

I hope its real. its a pretty dagger!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ olympic dagger
    P
    Many

There is an excellent thread about these commemorative knives whether HJ, DJ or BDM on the 'Hitler Youth Forum'. I for one would not consider purchasing one after the incisive points made by one of the mod's and his compelling argument. I have deliberately not posted a link as certain members here are involved one way or another.

If anyone is interested, go on there and do a search.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ask yourselves why this knife was never issued or sold between 1936-1945
    Reason is imo they are post war creations

What is the old saying If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck it's probably a duck.In this case I don't know.The sports award behind the blade is from 1934 so that is real but I agree unless someone can come up with a period photo or a advertisement I will have to go with the experts on the forum.Along the same lines I saw a DJ blade on Cregg Gottlieb site that has the diamond on the scabbard instead of the knife handle!!!!! Never seen that before.HELP

?

Whether real or not , one is being sold on an auction site, starting price $300, estimates upto $3000, see here WWW.liveauctioneer.com item /7186622

Quote by operaman View Post
    What is the old saying If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck it's probably a duck.In this case I don't know.The sports award behind the blade is from 1934 so that is real but I agree unless someone can come up with a period photo or a advertisement I will have to go with the experts on the forum.Along the same lines I saw a DJ blade on Cregg Gottlieb site that has the diamond on the scabbard instead of the knife handle!!!!! Never seen that before.HELP
    You don't need any help Operaman, as you are one of the members here who had actually commented on the HYF regarding these knives. Am I to take it you did not read the entire thread there, otherwise I honestly fail to see why you can say "I don't know." Everything is there in print, has ANYONE bothered to read the entire thread before commenting here??

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for taking time guys!

It looks old and genuine, but fakes are good these days... I wonder If it's worth buyin'..

It's prolly worth alot if it, in the future, turns out to be original/period...

Hey Ned I did read the posts,I think that what I am saying is that as far as I am concerned knives such as the Olympic and the reichrparty blades are fake. But I will have to say they sure do look cool. Cheers

Postwar junk, they seem to have been made in batches over time. And I have a data file with at least one of these with the etching done over a previously damaged blade. And that only just barely scratches the surface of these fakes which have been around for a while. FP

I'll go along with the pro's and say it is faked. I too have never seen
    or heard of HJ knives with this engaving or blade shape............
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2