Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ short bayonet for comments

Article about: This came up recently. Short bayonet with pin on the grip...is it ok?

Ger, Likewise, my money would still be very firmly in my pocket. It's interesting to see that the number of them seems to be increasing. I made some observations on another forum that I will share a little later that I think are relevant. Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ short bayonet for comments
    P
    Many

?

sorry forgot to upload this one....its Krebs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ short bayonet for comments   HJ short bayonet for comments  

?

should i consider the bayonet original with post 45 "modofications"?

Quote by Skarts View Post
    should i consider the bayonet original with post 45 "modofications"?
    Not in-hand, looking at it and comparing it to some others I’ve seen my overwhelming sense is that it’s somebody’s postwar “upgrade”. As for some additional comments mentioned earlier - briefly from another forum:
    “In his excellent book George Wheeler cites the 1943 Organisationbuch der NSDAP that has a (hand drawn) illustration of one with a knot as the Seitenwaffe Der Wachgefolgschaft which I think creates three immediate unanswered problems for the actual issue and use of these as dress sidearms. 1) No RZM markings 2) There apparently is no mention of the duties or (whatever ?) of a HJ-Wachgefolgschaft that might necessitate their existence. 3) Nothing legitimate has ever surfaced with a 1943 dated RZM marking, and in fact early 1942 saw a sharp decline in the quality/appearance of military issue items from Solingen presumably necessitated by the very severe losses of war material in combat.” As has happened on this forum with some other topics - that could probably be expanded on. Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 12-01-2018 at 11:26 PM. Reason: typo correction

?

Thank you Fred!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2