Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Inherited a hitler jugend knife

Article about: Hello, I recently inherited this hitler jugend knife, which i'm pretty sure is original. Sadly, the emblem is missing from it. It has "Blut und ehre" faintly inscripted on one side

?

Default Inherited a hitler jugend knife

Hello,

I recently inherited this hitler jugend knife, which i'm pretty sure is original. Sadly, the emblem is missing from it.

It has "Blut und ehre" faintly inscripted on one side, and "Gräwiso Solingen, xes. Geschutz" on the other. Sadly, the emblem is missing from it.
    The problem is i can't find much information about this manufacturer, so i was hoping i could find some help here.

If anyone can tell me if it's possible to get a new emblem for the handle aswell, that would be great!

Emblem side view:
    Manufacturer inscription side:
    Manufacturer inscription:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Inherited a hitler jugend knife
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum!

its an Original early no ricasso kknife, missing its bufferpad & Diamond, and scabbard.

The only way to get a diamond back in place is to glue one into it.
    The Original split cant be used, there are repro's who can be bought if you would like that.
    Otherwise its removing the split on the back of an Original diamond, and use glue to hold it in place.
    Simplydaggers in the UK has some for sale for this purpose.

Grawiso can be easilt found using google, but we have here a nice post on our own Warrelic's forum:
    HJ Knife

Look at it to see how yours once looked like!

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Thank you very much, sad that the bufferpad is missing aswell! I might look into the diamond thing though, beautiful knife in my opinion, but looks lost without it!

?

Hi Welcome,

If you email D.D Harris he might have a spare origional diamond & scabbard for your hj knife,

see link: DDsDaggers.com :: Buy, Sell, Trade & Consign Third Reich Nazi Edged Weapons German Daggers

Regards Mac 66.

Quote by tj3k View Post
    The problem is I can't find much information about this manufacturer, so I was hoping I could find some help here.
    You came to the right place TJ. You received the best answers from the forums top collectors . Below some bio data on the producer in which you inquired.

"Grawiso" aka and originally Gebr. Grafrath ....." Grafrath Widdert Solingen "
    Est. 1878 ..producing wares pocket knives..sailor knives table knives and forks
    There is an address and a phone number in the 1922 year..best not try to leave a message as no answering machines were invented yet
    This company produced SA & NSKK daggers ...HJ Knives ..Dress bayonets and Firemans Dress bayonets

RZM permit acquired October 1 1934 - RZM 7/30

there are 4 early period Grawiso variant logo types..all with Ges Geschutz and 3 mid period double proofed Grawiso logos used.

the logo below is the variant used on Early SA daggers
    Attached Images Attached Images Inherited a hitler jugend knife 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Another place to try is Johnson Militaria and Reference Books here in states Virginia I think I got one several years ago but as stated is impossible to install without taking off grips. Reddick militaria sells flat good looking Repo's that just glue in I used one on a post war knife might want to keep original for a original piece. timothy

It almost seems a shame to restore it, as it is likely that the GI who brought it home is the one that de-Nazified it, so it is actually part of it's history, but having said that, I'd likely restore it too! I like things to be as original as possible! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I personally wouldn't restore it, as the de-Nazi chapter was part of the history surrounding the knife. How did the guy feel at the time and what made him de-Nazi it? Did he lose a close friend or close relation to war involving the germans? maybe his family were affected by the holocaust?
    Who knows, but sometimes it is nice to leave as is.
    If you fancy an original 'as was', theyre not a great deal of money so just buy one.
    cheers matty

?

First of, thanks for all the quick replies, it's obvious that you guys are passionate about this stuff. The loss of diamond was actually due to my father playing with the knife as a child.
    I live in denmark, so the knife was probably brought here by a german soldier, and forgotten or something!