Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Jugend Knife Repair

Article about: Hey guys, I have been staring at my two youth knives for several months and not figured out anything on how to go about possibly repairing the one that I have. I have a Puma one that is in r

Default Jugend Knife Repair

Hey guys, I have been staring at my two youth knives for several months and not figured out anything on how to go about possibly repairing the one that I have. I have a Puma one that is in really rough shape but has a nice emblem still on it and at least one good grip. The blade is toast. I also have a pretty nice WKC knife that is all there except the emblem. This may be a dumb question but is it possible to simply remove the emblem from the junk one and add it to the nice one? I know the grips are riveted on and drilling them makes no sense as they wouldn't be able to be reattached again. I hate to see these two knives just sitting around waiting for something to be done. Thanks for any help that can be offered. -Jerry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jugend Knife Repair
    P
    Many

Hi Jerry, any photographs available? There are people out there who restore daggers to their former glory

Don't forget, there are two different sizes of diamonds.
    First check if it fits, before you start

Default additional pics

Here are a few more. I am not the best with a ruler but they seem the same size. One is a 38 and one is 39 dated. Jugend Knife RepairJugend Knife RepairJugend Knife Repair

Thats about as good as I can get on the pictures. As you can see, the one knife is toasted pretty bad

The one in the middle is a transitional period WKC. " Weyersburg Kirschbaum and Cie "

I cant make out the RZM number on the top one..but better eyes will abound.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looks like a m7/27 on the beater
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jugend Knife Repair   Jugend Knife Repair  

CBH
    ?

IMO , I'd look for a replacement diamond and leave the beater as is .
    The replacement diamond will have to be glued into place as it is originally held in by metal tabs which can only be accessed when the handle is off and being riveted this is impossible . The damaged HJ still has some value , but if you remove the diamond it would be worth much less .There are lots of HJ diamonds on the market , I would feel bad destroying one dagger to fix another .