Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just won on eBay: Poor condition HJ knife...

Article about: Nice pick ups Hansi I was thinking of getting another HJ knife and yours have motivated me to do so Nick

Default Re: Just won on eBay: Poor condition HJ knife...

Nice pick ups Hansi I was thinking of getting another HJ knife and yours have motivated me to do so

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just won on eBay: Poor condition HJ knife...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Just won on eBay: Poor condition HJ knife...

Thanks guys... yes, I can see how a simple desire to own just one can very soon grow into a whole collection! Growing up back in the 1950s I, and just about every boy I knew, had a sheath knife or two... (I still have the scars to prove it!) even grandmas & aunts used to give them as birthday or Christmas presents... it was part of the uniform, along with catapults, bows & arrows, pea-shooters, etc. We used to throw them into trees just like in that HJ photo... they got plenty of use one way or another but I can't recall ever seeing one used in anger... not amongst us kids anyway. It's a great shame that this custom of owning a knife is now forbidden... I think a boy needs a good knife. Now that I'm an old codger I'm absolutely thrilled to own a HJ knife... apart from the historical attraction it also sort of takes me back, after all, my knife dates from 1941 and is only 8 years older than me! I now own the beat up Evertz and the 41 Wüsthof, and I'm pretty sure I will add a few more over time... great objects and a real pleasure to own. Good luck finding your next one Nick... Cheers... Hansi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2