Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?

Article about: Hey folks, got this in today and should have looked it over better. Some things are bothering me with this knife and wanted a few other opinions before deciding on sending it back. I've had

Default M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?

Hey folks, got this in today and should have looked it over better. Some things are bothering me with this knife and wanted a few other opinions before deciding on sending it back. I've had a handful of these in the past and nothing seemed glaring at first. The diamond lacks the textured underside or appears to lack it. It fits like other diamonds I have had though. The scabbard had a small spot of tarnish on the button and when the tarnish was removed it revealed the word "sport" which initially got me thinking about this one. The wear pattern seems like others I have had . Is this an original, altered original or complete reproduction?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?   M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?  

M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?   M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?  

M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?   M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?  

M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M7/66 Transitional Youth Knife Authentic?
    P
    Many

I do not like the look of it but do not have much experience with these. The fit and finish just do not look correct. Other with way more experience will be able to provide better info.
    John

My experience isn't to extensive with these. I've had maybe half a dozen over time. It seemed OK until I had it in hand. Certain aspects "seem" right but others not. It has age but is it 75 year age is the million dollar question.

Maybe the scabbard had the button replaced or it's a boy scout scabbard. I thought those had Made in Germany on the leather though.

Hi
    I see nothing wrong with this knife.
    The scabbard is period piece,typical Eickhorn with rounded tip, i like it.

Thanks Stingray. We're all the diamonds textured under the red enamel or were some not? It rocks around like a real diamond should slightly.

I like it. The maker stamps on blade and ricasso look right, and that's the right Eickhorn logo version for 1940. I wonder though if the scabbard might have been repainted?

?

Looks fine Jerry, this one has the solid red / opaque enamel diamond fitted, we see this different type of diamond fitted to various makers on the later RZM no motto produced knifes up until 1942 when production ended, its good to know the diamond rocks slightly & is not glued into place.

Regards Mac 66