Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?

Article about: Hello, I got a knife from my uncle. No idea where he got it from. RZM M7 / 2 1940th Emil Voos Solingen. Is it Hitler Jugend or SS? Is the handle original? Or was he installed after the war?

Default Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?

Hello,
    I got a knife from my uncle. No idea where he got it from.
    RZM M7 / 2 1940th Emil Voos Solingen.
    Is it Hitler Jugend or SS?

Is the handle original? Or was he installed after the war?
    What are the runes? I believe it means: "Under the birch .."
    Are the runes and the skull real? Or subsequently carved?

In another forum somebody wrote: everything done retroactively, worth nothing. "

What do you think? What's it all about?

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?   Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?  

Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?   Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?
    P
    Many

Interesting Runic symbols ..some look familiar ...the Palm trees look inviting ..and may be wishful thinking of the past owners desires..whether from the period or recent.
    Sharper eyes will decide if the wood grips replaced will be period or not.

The blade and RZM number are good.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nobody knows what happened to it. It will forever be a myysterium.
    The runes say "birch a day".
    I do not think someone carved runes after the war.
    Or the handle was removed by the deacidification.

It's another modified HJ knife loosely called "trench art" by some. In this (and other cases often) almost impossible to say when the wood grips were added and the "runes" may have been added by someone else. Could have been wartime or post war. Interesting curio.

I just saw the top of the pommel grip that has those commonly found SS symbols seen on current modified K98 bayos.
    This is a post war embellishment.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It looks to me like this knife has many of the (collector) bases covered. Embellished with symbols for the Afrika Korps, Runes, Totenkopf etc. Period ? - not likely from what I can see some 360 degree views of the handle from different angles/aspects would help. Where did this knife come from ie: the area or current location. Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 06-04-2018 at 02:11 AM. Reason: clarification

?

Nice garden knife… thats all there's left of it..... killing weeds

Ger

Hi guys,
    Here are detailed pictures of the handle.
    Garden knife or nice piece? ;-)

I look forward to your assessment.

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?   Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?  

Messer HJ Hitler Jugend or Wehrmacht?  

?

More pictures doesnt maake it any better LOL

Def. a Garden tool

Ger

;-) Thanks Gerrit