Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first HJ knife

Article about: Finally can check off another item on the list. Comments appreciated and thanks for reading... Darren

Congrats Darren nice find
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first HJ knife
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

As you know, the kids used, sharpened and abused these (what kid wouldn't and I'm sure Larry will now post some photos of these with cracked handles being thrown into trees).

So nice to find one in such nice condition.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My first HJ knife

You mean like this?

MAP
    ?

yup! Note the broken grip on the top knife
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's a nice tidy late period (1939-42) HJ knife. Is the hilt magnetic (steel) or zinc alloy? From 1939 the use of the alloy hand grip began until end of production. So that could be a guide as to where in the late period time line it probably fits.

?

This is the most common maker of HJ knives, as stated above, a nice late knife!

Ger

?

Good honest RZM/13 hj knife for your 1st knife

the hilt on this one looks like its made from steel ?, is it magnetic ?

Regards Mac 66

Sorry for the late response. Yes the hilt is magnetic.

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Sorry for the late response. Yes the hilt is magnetic.

Ok so it may have been produced a little earlier than 39-42, early 38 is my guess

i like these M7/13 hjs with steel hilt, feel much better quality & heavier than the Zinc hilt hjs.

Thanks for all the replies I have learned a lot. Also glad to see that some of you guys collect in just one area. It makes it easier to get better information. As for me, I collect all over the board and therefore have less time to study anything specific.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2