Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named Hitler Youth Leader

Article about: The Hitler Youth Leaders dagger is a rare bird in itself but to find one with the owners name is almost impossible - the name has been researched and his history documented - Horst

?

Default Named Hitler Youth Leader

The Hitler Youth Leaders dagger is a rare bird in itself but to find one with the owners name is almost impossible - the name has been researched and his history documented -

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Hitler Youth Leader   Named Hitler Youth Leader  

Named Hitler Youth Leader  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named Hitler Youth Leader
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Named Hitler Youth Leader

WOW! Horst ..great piece of History, what a nice GEM

Hi Horst, that is an interesting dagger. I would love to hear more about him and his life.

I love re-searched items!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Adrian - I agree it is always a pleasure to find items that relate to a particular person such as this dagger does. The research was conducted by Robert McDivitt of Militaria Research Services a number of years ago - the name on the dagger(lower crossguard & upper scabbard fitting) is G. Rehfeld and after reviewing copies of his SS Stammkarte it reflects that he served in the Hitler Youth for 5 years .
    I havent seen to many Hitler Youth Leader daggers that reflect owners names etc making this a rare bird to say the least.
    Regards
    Horst

SS Ring Man
    ?

Of all the dagger's thay made I feel the HJ Leaders was the most wounderful of them all

Thx for sharing, an interesting dagger for sure, however it's one of the worst desingend daggers from the Third Reich...

Nick VR

?

Nick - its all in the eye of the beholder - I for one like the form now even more as I own one.

Horst

Thumbs up Re: Named Hitler Youth Leader

Quote by Horst View Post
    Nick - its all in the eye of the beholder - I for one like the form now even more as I own one.
    Horst

You are absolutely right, I would very much want to own an one, I'am yust saying...

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Would it be possible to see a better photos of the owner's name? I find this very interesting.

The HJ leader daggers are very unique looking. Thanks for showing

Quote by Horst View Post
    its all in the eye of the beholder Horst
    How very true! I have always thought them to be a very elegant design & would certainly like to be in the position to go shopping for one. I have never before seen a personalised HJ leader & it certainly is a treat to have a named & researched dagger. Even better to have the rare hangers accompanying the piece! Very nice Horst

I have no doubts about your research on this particular piece & it is perfectly logical that your name would appear in an SS file. However.....for anyone with named pieces from the wehrmacht McDivitt research is very far from conclusive as I recently found.

McDivitt only has access to those files held in the U.S. archive & that archive is NOT complete. I passed up a dagger on which he had done a search with no result. Another collector subsequently purchased the dagger & retrieved the military records from the bundesarchiv.

Only rarely will there be a single result for a given name from the German archive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast