Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help to this HJ dagger

Article about: Hi all can someone please tell me if this is something for you and if it is a good knife / dagger can someone please tell me what a usual price would be on a dagger like this Thanks in advan

Default Need help to this HJ dagger

Hi all can someone please tell me if this is something for you and if it is a good knife / dagger can someone please tell me what a usual price would be on a dagger like this Thanks in advance
    Need help to this HJ daggerNeed help to this HJ daggerNeed help to this HJ daggerNeed help to this HJ daggerAttachment 699312Attachment 699313

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help to this HJ dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Sam Welcome to the forum. In all fairness in price about $40 in its present condition and appearance. Check this sight out https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Germa.../Hitler-Youth/ for pricing on all 3 types.

It appears that somone messed with a decent knife by adding their own HJ diamond to the grip...seeing all the area around the diamond all smashed down. The hanging strap is a recent application. Not one for my collection. Wait for other input. Read through some of the threads here...which are very informative. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Many thanks for your great response and good information about the knife. I think I let it go when the price is up to 310 U.S. dollars at this time. Again, I really appreciate your response and the fine forum thanks for everything.

?

Hi Sam,

Your right to pass on this hj knife as it has a repro painted hj badge added which looks forced into the griplate, the griplates & rivets look suspect to me as well "repros" the scabbard hanger is the late production plastic type that are seldomly seen & tend to get brittle & break with age, if you find anymore hj knifes post them here for opinions, we will keep you right

Regards Mac 66.

Thanks yes i guess someone will get ripped off but well he or she could have asked in here But again i don't think you can imagine how happy i am for your help in here I'm a new collecter so I'm not so good at spotting items that are not good I'm much better at the history names places and dates and i have been interested in the history since i was a young boy but finally the money is to start a collection with your help

Is there any evidence of a late 44' or 45' HJ dagger made with a plastic HJ diamond? I seem to remember a gun show dealer here in Texas attempting to pass one off as such. It does seem possible but I've never seen any evidence of such a thing...thanks guys!

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Is there any evidence of a late 44' or 45' HJ dagger made with a plastic HJ diamond? I seem to remember a gun show dealer here in Texas attempting to pass one off as such. It does seem possible but I've never seen any evidence of such a thing...thanks guys!
    No way, hj knifes ceased production in 1942 , same goes for Dress daggers.

Best Mac 66.

That you very much for that...you learn something new everyday. The gentleman I spoke of sold many fakes and wasn't one to do any type of in-depth research. He's actually banned from here and rightfully so!