Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knife

Article about: I feel a little uneasy about this piece... But I'm not really at the point yet where I feel comfortable dismissing an item as a reproduction. What has me most concerned is the appearance of

?

Default Need help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knife

I feel a little uneasy about this piece... But I'm not really at the point yet where I feel comfortable dismissing an item as a reproduction. What has me most concerned is the appearance of the diamond... The RZM logo also looks off.

Thank you for your time!

Photos uploaded : Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knife  Need help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knife  Need help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knife  Need help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knife 
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-02-2014 at 12:22 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knife
    P
    Many

Looks like a decent condition M7/38 made by Paul Seiheimer of Solingen. You should always post photos through the picture hosting Here, though, as when the link you gave goes out, this thread will make no sense. It's a fairly quick and easy way to post photos here.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Boerne,

The diamond insignia & griplates are reproductions

Knife & Scabbard are genuine but its been messed up !

You were right to feel uneasy about this hj knife.

Regards Mac 66.

The diamond is defintely repro.

matty

A sharp eyed Scot, that Mac is! I was Wondering if those rivets looked too shiny! Nice spot!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looking at it again, I think its a completely fake grip. The grip lines match up with the diamond which isn't a good sign.

matty

?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Looking at it again, I think its a completely fake grip. The grip lines match up with the diamond which isn't a good sign.

matty
    I appreciate the feedback! I was already on high alert after looking at this "SS" helmet he was trying to sell.

Need help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knifeNeed help verifying authenticity of a Hitler Youth knife

Lol - a Norwegian lid.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Boerne..I uploaded your pics from your link..as after time..the link will be lost..or the photo host site will remove them. For future reference..please save the photos to your computer first..and then upload them here.

The Best advice I can give on your helmet..is to post it in the helmet forum. Walkwolf..gave great advice on the type..but the helmet itslef should be reserved for its own forum.

I will move this Thread to the HJ Sub forum..and leave a 1 day redirect or trail to follow. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill