Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife

Article about: Been a while since I ve picked up a new blade (and never since I ve posted one lol) so I figured I d show this one as it's a fairly rare maker of HJ knives. The blade had some surface rust a

Default New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife

Been a while since I ve picked up a new blade (and never since I ve posted one lol) so I figured I d show this one as it's a fairly rare maker of HJ knives. The blade had some surface rust and minor pitting I did my best to remove it and not ruin it's patina too much. The scabbard has maybe 50 percent of it's finish left unfortunately the leather strap was missing. All comments welcomed and appreciated. Kindest regards.

Brian

New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife
    P
    Many

Nice lessor seen maker HJ Brian. I think it would be described as an "early transitional", as there appears to be no RZM code, yet there is still a motto (good etching), so perhaps made in that 1936-37 window.

MAP
    ?

Very nice Brian! Like it a lot!

Don't forget to Vote for the best German WW2 Steel helmet of the year

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...9/#post1918253
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice Pick Up Brother
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Very nice addition to the collection
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for the comments guys.. Best regards.

Brian

?

Yup , its an early Transitional period hj as Anderson has hit the nail on the head on this one

I picked up this period made hanger that fits onto an hj size scabbard , maybe it was made for an hj that lost its hanger or maybe a bayo ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife   New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife  

New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife   New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife  

Thanks for the comments again guys. That's an interesting hanger configuration Mac, never seen one quite like it. Here's my other HJ again an early-ish dagger made by Christianwerks the blade I thought was heavier modified until I compared it to the H&M and realized the tip was broken and rounded off.

Brian

New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife

A HUGE thanks to Mac for bringing the scbbard hanger to my attention. By simple luck I actually came across one with it's scabbard for sale on eBay and picked it up. It's an exact fit to the war period knives. It had a metal lug on it I twisted off, to avoid damaging the leather. But it gives the dagger a unique completed look. Kindest regards.

Brian

New Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knifeNew Acquisition Herbertz and Meurer HJ knife

Love the hanger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast