Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Original Hitlerjugend knife and SS Sabre?

Article about: I'm no expert by no means, but I got offered the items, seen in the picture, and to my untrained eye, they don't seem authentic. Can anyone with more knowledge give more opinion? Knives etc

?

Default Original Hitlerjugend knife and SS Sabre?

I'm no expert by no means, but I got offered the items, seen in the picture, and to my untrained eye, they don't seem authentic. Can anyone with more knowledge give more opinion?

Knives etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Hitlerjugend knife and SS Sabre?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Hitlerjugend knife and SS Sabre?
    P
    Many

If the HJ knife is real, it's in very rough shape. It also appears to be missing its scabbard. The combination of those factors would be enough to put me off it. If I were you, I'd save my money for a decent example with its scabbard.

As for the other two pins, I cannot comment with any authority. I know the Gausieger badges are heavily faked, and the enamel in both badges looks very uneven and lumpy. Even if all items were authentic, which I have my doubts about, I'd pass on the lot and go searching for better examples.

Regards, B.B.

?

Thank you for your answer. helped me a lot. I do have scabbard, not sure if its original. See below.

Took more pictures here: Knives etc

Hard to see from the photo provided, but if the scabbard has a raised edge around the throat it's a fake. Period HJ scabbards always had a raw edge. An example of a fake knife and scabbard posted elsewhere on the forum:

Original Hitlerjugend knife and SS Sabre?

Also, you'll want to upload your photos directly to the forum in future. Here's a guide that lays out how to do so: Visual Guide to Upload Photos

B.B.

It is indeed a repro HJ Knife regards, Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    It is indeed a repro HJ Knife regards, Paul
    Agree. Thumbs down on this one.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Welcome to the WRF. For sure a knife to pass on. I also don't have much hope for the badges as well.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Well spotted guys. That knife has been given the brown gunk treatment for instant patina.

Hi Ante welcome to the forum.
    We appreciate your effort of the photos in your drop box...but as Brodie stated its important to upload each photo directly or the photos that pertain to the topic.

At any given time through yourself or another source those drop box photos will disappear leaving the link dead and un-useful for any future study. Please upload directly per the "Uploading link " provided above.

This will avoid a thread closure or total deletion of the thread..and possibly a removal of your membership.

Thanks for your help

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill