Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Potentially interesting fake HJ knife

Article about: A friend of mine discovered this fake HJ knife on French eBay from a seller with a Polish-sounding name. The actual location of the seller is unknown. At first glance, it doesn't look bad, b

?

Default Potentially interesting fake HJ knife

A friend of mine discovered this fake HJ knife on French eBay from a seller with a Polish-sounding name. The actual location of the seller is unknown. At first glance, it doesn't look bad, but the 'Germany' mark condemns it. I'm guessing that it's a post-war Scout knife with added HJ diamond.

Potentially interesting fake HJ knifePotentially interesting fake HJ knifePotentially interesting fake HJ knifePotentially interesting fake HJ knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Potentially interesting fake HJ knife
    P
    Many

?

I wonder how many of the HJ knives were issued post-war with the same maker marks as the regular ones.

Scabbard is replaced.

Regards
    Vedran

I don't know I know there were lots of them assembled after the war with genuine parts and repo parts and sold my dad bought one from a guns and ammo magazine circa 1960 and we found it with the dollar fifty price tag on it it came with no scabbard as a lot of them did. The Germany was marked on them I had a friend that has one no doubt made from original parts by a company named Eversharp that sold hunting and knives in the magazines as far back as the 50's his was also marked Germany and Eversharp on the blade. I know the word Germany on them has always been viewed as post war not my field of expertise and hopefully someone will come along with a better answer. timothy

Quite bad piccys but judging by the shiney rivet on the knife its fake. Scabbard could be original though.
    best matty

?

The knife is definitely fake. I'm just posting it here to show other collectors that might be tempted by this or one like it, because it's one of the better fakes I've seen of these (most are very poor). If the fakers used a Boy Scout without the 'Germany' mark, I think it could easily fool a new collector.

Thankyou for taking the time to do so.
    I don't suppose you have any better pictures. Usually the repro scabbards have a lip.

?

Quote by Erno View Post
    A friend of mine discovered this fake HJ knife on French eBay from a seller with a Polish-sounding name. The actual location of the seller is unknown. At first glance, it doesn't look bad, but the 'Germany' mark condemns it. I'm guessing that it's a post-war Scout knife with added HJ diamond.
    "You are my friend, I'll give you an extra special good price on this guaranteed genuine HJ knife!!
    Rgds
    Pawel."

(PC correct caveat; no offence to the Polish people. I have very good Polish friends, whom I hold in high regard (none of them named Pawel though) and have visited Poland many many MANY times. Parts of Poland is very beautiful and I like some people there and some parts of that country very much.

?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Thankyou for taking the time to do so.
    I don't suppose you have any better pictures. Usually the repro scabbards have a lip.
    Sorry, that's all I have. The seller probably used small pictures because he knew it was a fake.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    "You are my friend, I'll give you an extra special good price on this guaranteed genuine HJ knife!!
    Rgds
    Pawel."

(PC correct caveat; no offence to the Polish people. I have very good Polish friends, whom I hold in high regard (none of them named Pawel though) and have visited Poland many many MANY times. Parts of Poland is very beautiful and I like some people there and some parts of that country very much.

For the record, I didn't intend to slur Poles or any other group. It's unfortunate that the fakers in eastern Europe have given anyone selling honest militaria in that region a bad name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast