Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Puma maker marks,opinion please

Article about: Hi, What do you think about this Puma maker marks? Thank you for your opinions. Annoyed from this ads?   Daniel

?

Default Puma maker marks,opinion please

Hi,
    What do you think about this Puma maker marks?
    Thank you for your opinions.
    Daniel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Puma maker marks,opinion please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Puma maker marks,opinion please
    P
    Many

Hi Lupus..interesting Variant..which I have never seen before..but appears to fit. Yet wait for the HJ boys to chime in. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Daniel,

That is a Puma makers mark i have personally have never come across, can you post detailed pix of the hj knife & scabbard please.

Regards Mac 66.

Wow , that's first one for me also and looks good.
    Cab we see more pictures ?
    For sure interesting.

?

Here are four more photos what I have.I'll try to get another photos.
    Daniel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Puma maker marks,opinion please   Puma maker marks,opinion please  

Puma maker marks,opinion please   Puma maker marks,opinion please  

?

More pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Puma maker marks,opinion please   Puma maker marks,opinion please  

Puma maker marks,opinion please  

BOY..thats nice and a first for me on that mark!.. Kevin.

?

Daniel,

Thats a good honest Transitional hj knife with a seldom seen makers mark by Puma

Has some sharpening towards the tip of the blade but thats is no big deal as these knifes were made to work by the hilter youth boys

Nice knife with genuine scabbard !!

Regards Mac 66.

This logo is a partially used logo..seen on trench fighting knives or boot knives. see this link here and scroll to the bottom for the original logo
    "1a Gusstahl Puma Solingen." Puma maker marks,opinion please

WWII GERMAN DAGGERS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

Out of 27 Puma variants including double proof logos..this one is at #17 The HJ Knife above has the same font...minus the Gusstahl name. So the question is...was this logo reserved for Boot and trench knives..or how did one single logo seem to appear out of no where?

Below is a trench knife being sold on ebay..with just the same puma style font on the ricasso. Puma maker marks,opinion please

There is no documentation to support that this logo was used on HJ knives...just boot knives. Im not trying to pour cold water on the party here..but trying to keep everyones mind open. If Im wrong..thats ok too .

Puma widely produced alot of edged weapons with many logo variants..and this one was not recorded as one of them. The logo on the blade in the first post has been applied slanted. The motto etch appears very crispy also and not fat....... So if Mac66 and Stingray want to bruise me up ..thats fine..thats what discussions are for. I just wanted to inject some Puma logo history into this thread. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

ok here is my 2 cents
    i think its a fake.
    The rzm logo of puma has a 7 which is not in line with the factory code
    This been for years, here the rzm logo's of 1937/38/39
    The transitional Puma's have as far as i have seen always been combined with the puma head in a diamond
    Regards,
    Ger
    Puma maker marks,opinion pleasePuma maker marks,opinion pleasePuma maker marks,opinion please
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-17-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast