Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife

Article about: I came across a well used Hitler Youth knife at a local antique/flea market type store the other day here in Louisville and considered buying it but first I wanted to know if it was genuine.

Bobby can you email them to me ? if so I can give you my email address and I will post them up for you
    cheers Ronnie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife
    P
    Many

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Bobby can you email them to me ? if so I can give you my email address and I will post them up for you
    cheers Ronnie
    Certainly! I have about a dozen photos currently saved in my Yahoo e-mail. Send me your actual e-mail address and I'll be happy to forward them all to you. My actual e-mail address if you need it is, robert_zoeller@yahoo.com

Email sent Bobby
    cheers Ronnie

?

Thx Ronnie for picking this up!

Great work

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Thx Ronnie for picking this up!

Great work

Ger
    No problem Ger your welcome m8

?

Photos sent Ronnie. They are on they're way to you at the speed of light. About a dozen in total. I hope they come through alright.

Here are your photo's bobby
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife   Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife  

Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife   Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife  

Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife   Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife  

Question regarding a Hitler Youth knife  

?

Thx Bobby for providing and Ronnie for posting pics of this HJ knife.

Its an originale early no ricasso Merten Knife in a more then used condition.
    You already stated whats missing and in what state it is in your post, nothing to comment there.
    If your happy paying 150 dollars for it then there is np.
    Its more a display piece then a collectible hot item, for that its condition is to bad.

Thx for showing,
    Ger

?

Thanks for posting my photos for me Ronnie. I appreciate it very much. As for the knife itself, I bought it for the historical aspects and not the re-sale value or with intentions of making money on it. I've collected firearms in general and World War II era weapons in particular for close to 40 years now. (I'm 55 years old) In years past I would always try to acquire the best condition items I could afford and would always seek out mint condition or near mint condition examples. Down through the decades I came to understand the ins and outs of the collector's market and the manner in which most items are marked up and/or bought and sold. I discovered, over time, buying the best wasn't always a sure fire way to make any money, and in reality I can only name a very few guns over the last 40 years or so that I can actually say I made anything at all on. The collectors market is ripe with doctored, refurbished, re-done and for the most part "helped along" guns and related materials. I've learned over the last four decades what is real, what is fake, what has been screwed with, and what is authentic. Sometimes in he heat of trying to buy this or that you lose track of what to check out before buying, but I have been rather fortunate when it comes to locating authentic, original items for my collection. With that said, I have also discovered over the last twenty years or so I much prefer weapons and similar items that have a definite "been there" feel to them and find them much more interesting as opposed to some mint condition specimens that have resided the last three quarters of a century or more in the bottom dresser drawer in someone's bedroom in Kalamazoo. (Or wherever) I, personally, enjoy the more well worn, been-to-hell-and-back type of weapons you come across at local flea markets and/or similar establishments than I do the well preserved and much higher priced collector's items that sell for hundreds, or thousands, of dollars at large national gun shows and military shows. The Hitler Youth knife pictured above serves it's spot in my collection well. I know many out there that seek only the best and will pay accordingly to acquire them, but, for me at least, the forgotten ugly dog that nobody wants and sits looking out it's glass display case hoping for a loving home and a collector that appreciates it's time honored service, well that is the type of material I find the most appealing and the most historically significant.

Wow..nice logo variant ..and one rarely seen. It may be in bit of rough condition..but the logo tells an early story of the producer. Very Nice to see this. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2