Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Early HJ Max Weyersburg - From a front step in Holland

Article about: I was able to pry this great rarity of a producer from Gerrits hands..and he returned the favor by twisting my arm to post it. The HJ knife I speak of which once resided in his collection ha

Default Rare Early HJ Max Weyersburg - From a front step in Holland

I was able to pry this great rarity of a producer from Gerrits hands..and he returned the favor by twisting my arm to post it. The HJ knife I speak of which once resided in his collection has crossed the Atlantic..and has now blessed my front step

Early HJ Fahrtenmesser with Motto by Max Weyersberg

This HJ IMO has never been seen but is early period all the way. The blade is the thinner type..making that ping sound when you tap it with your fingernail. Very nice. .
    The Blade Motto is the lighter etch which is still very visible..and also appears to be a scant smaller in size maybe due to being shallow in depth.

The over all feel of this HJ knife is a chunky feel to it..feeling heavier than most other HJ types. There is a saddle of a washer beneath the crossguard. It is quite thick and very original. The Knife glides into the scabbard almost the same feel and sound of an SA or SS dagger makes when putting it in.
    I am very pleased with this acquisition and very thankful for Gerrits Generosity..sending along a bottle of "Shock treatment"...as I was stunned when I got to hold this rare piece of history in my hands. The Scotch was awesome.
    Below are the photos which can not be equaled in quality to Gerrits photos..but yet Im still proud to have this fine and rare representative of the HJ movement. Regards Larry

Rare Early HJ Max Weyersburg - From a front step in Holland Rare Early HJ Max Weyersburg - From a front step in Holland

Rare Early HJ Max Weyersburg - From a front step in Holland Rare Early HJ Max Weyersburg - From a front step in Holland

Rare Early HJ Max Weyersburg - From a front step in Holland
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Early HJ Max Weyersburg - From a front step in Holland
    P
    Many

A beauty. I've been trying to find a good condition HJ dagger with motto myself. Just haven't found the one that "feels" right. Perhaps after the new year it will materialize for me. I'm glad you could pry this one from him, after all, what are friends for?

?

Glad you like it Larry, it should be because my arm still hurts
    I have seen dozens of HJ daggers but never before a Max Weyersberg.
    Its a lovely solid knife and im glad it has got a good home.....we all want that for our children
    Enjoy it my friend!

Ger

?

Larry,

Congrats !,

You made a good choice buying this rare maker hj

I bet it looks even better in hand

Regards Mac 66

I had a conversation with Gerrit about this Knife..and it has a great feel to it !!..not sure if its the density of the material used..but quite noticeable when first held. I have felt this same heaviness in some SA daggers mainly from rare producers also. Seems as though the larger producers were streamlining their materials and buy them at a cheaper price.to create and get them out the door. I have noticed on my Early Tiger HJ..with the larger Tiger logo..that it feels slightly lighter. Maybe not noticeable to the non collector..but surely to those who collect these...it can be felt. I really like it !!

The grip itself has a nice squared look and feel to it appearing as a solid example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry that's a beautiful early knife by rare maker.
    I used to own one with this maker, but in bad shape.
    Yours is beauty,congrats.

a beauty.