Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Rare HJ knife A.Wingen

Article about: Here is one rare knife with minty blade. I know Wingen and Eickhorn made them, but have to ask, did anyone seen other maker who produced those ?

Default Rare HJ knife A.Wingen

Here is one rare knife with minty blade.
    I know Wingen and Eickhorn made them, but have to ask, did anyone seen other maker who produced those ?

Rare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.Wingen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare HJ knife A.Wingen
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice Ivan

Who would think such a pristine blade would be hiding in a scabbard like that
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There's a large gap around the grips, that don't fit flush with the metal parts of the hilt. Would the knife left the Wingen factory looking like that? Or has the bakerite shrunk over time? I don't know, be interesting to see others thoughts.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    There's a large gap around the grips, that don't fit flush with the metal parts of the hilt. Would the knife left the Wingen factory looking like that? Or has the bakerite shrunk over time? I don't know, be interesting to see others thoughts.
    IMO typical AW gripplates, the gap is not unusual.

Ger

Rare HJ knife A.WingenRare HJ knife A.Wingen

?

Lovely AW knife Ivan!

So far i have not seen any other maker producing these type of HJ knives, but why not ask Hermann...

Regards
    Ger

?

Ivan,

Nice rare very early hj by Wingen, not seen any other maker producing these apart from what is mentioned, a link to Hermans Wingen collection on GDC: Anton Wingen Jr: the inventor of the HJ-knife? - GermanDaggers.com

Regards Mac 66

Some nice knives that are very scarce and usually seen in advanced collections. While storage conditions can be and are a major factor in the aging process, exposed nickel plating over a long period of time will usually develop a light oxide film which is where 'in hand' observations have an advantage. Whereas blades that are well protected by scabbards are not nearly as prone to the effects of aging. 'In hand' also an advantage in looking at grips - before Bakelite was invented compressed leather was used for checkered grips that was later followed by hard rubber. My point being that Bakelite IMO is normally more stable, and that because both it and hard rubber are mentioned in period documentation if it's hard rubber that might be the cause of the shrinkage. Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 07-28-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: corrections