Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Reichspartietag souvenier knife?

Article about: I have a Puma knife brought back from WW2 by my father. I am looking for information about this and if it has any value. It has the Puma name and solengen on one side along with the model na

lapeerfarmer
    ?

Question Reichspartietag souvenier knife?

I have a Puma knife brought back from WW2 by my father. I am looking for information about this and if it has any value.
    It has the Puma name and solengen on one side along with the model name "SPORTMESSEN". The other side of the blade has the Nuremburg city crest with "Reichspartietag" and "Nurnberg" above the crest. I appreciate any help thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichspartietag souvenier knife?   Reichspartietag souvenier knife?  

Reichspartietag souvenier knife?   Reichspartietag souvenier knife?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Reichspartietag souvenier knife?

hello,
    the basic design of the knife is typical of post war made knives for sale. is the blade marked Germany ? the etching on the blade i'm not familiar with, but not having the swastica, makes me think post war too. after the war we kept blade makers busy. but i may be mistaken on the knife being post war. but if it says germany on it, i'd say post war for sure.
    welcome to the forum too.

lapeerfarmer
    ?

Hi Andrew,
    thanks for the welcome!
    It does not say Germany on the knife anywhere. Just the manufacturer "PUMA" and their location"SOLINGEN" and the model as I noted.
    It is the city crest of Nurnberg and the "REICHSPARTIETAG" that interests me most. That is what makes me speculate it was some type of souvenier.
    Thanks for the help.

Hi, and welcome from me too.

The knife will be pre war. It is a commercial pattern for sale to tourists and sportmen (as the name on the blade suggests) for hiking and hunting use, etc.

The city of Nurnberg was very proud of their connections to the Nazi Party and capitalised on being home of the Annual Party Rally. As a result they made a big play on being home of the "REICHSPARTIETAG". So the town coat of arms often had this legend added to it. Not after 1945 of course.

The knife will have some value, not great though. Does it have a scabbard with it?

Cheers, Ade.

lapeerfarmer
    ?

hello, Ade
    thanks for the "welcome".
    I appreciate the information. I am afraid I do not have the scabbard. I would like to establish a value for this, however.
    I have seen pictures of Puma knives which resemble this knife; models 7110 and 6304 are both similar, with differences in blade shape.
    thanks again for the help

lapeerfarmer
    ?

Hello Ade,
    I appreciate your help regarding the knife.
    Do you have any idea what it might be worth?
    Or how I might go about selling it?
    thanks,
    Joe hylla

Hi Joe, I could only guess which is not fair. I have not seen another one for sale to use as a yard stick on price.

Cheers, Ade.

lapeerfarmer
    ?

thanks for the help,
    Joe