Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Super catch! very Early Henckels Hj Fahrtenmesser with Motto and 100% crossgrain!

Article about: This is my latest catch! came from a Theater attic in Amsterdam. Its a Hj Knife by Henckels-Zwillingswerk. Its has the early type scabbard with just 1 spring, the cotton on it is white and l

?

Matty, Wags

The Henckels i had came with a black leather hanger, ive seen early Henckels & other makers come with brown or black scabbard hangers, some get swapped over by the hj boys & vets ect imo, this hanger is stamped with oakleaf & LFS which i believe is the logo for the company that made the leather hangers.

Regards Mac 66.Super catch! very Early Henckels Hj Fahrtenmesser with Motto and 100% crossgrain!Super catch! very Early Henckels Hj Fahrtenmesser with Motto and 100% crossgrain!Super catch! very Early Henckels Hj Fahrtenmesser with Motto and 100% crossgrain!Super catch! very Early Henckels Hj Fahrtenmesser with Motto and 100% crossgrain!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Super catch! very Early Henckels Hj Fahrtenmesser with Motto and 100% crossgrain!
    P
    Many

?

Matty the earliest ones are found in brown leather and with only 1 inside scabbard spring.
    Im sure this one belongs to this knife, as ive seen 1 completely identical, also in mint condition in Belgium.

Ive done some reseach regarding this oakleave L F.S marking on the strap.
    This was the major supplyer of the leather straps used on these scabbards, and can be found on numerous makers.
    Ive build a small database with different makers and when i have enough i will post it.

So far i have found just one possible leather factory that could fit the L.F.S. markings, but i cant find the oakleave logo on other products of this company.

Lederwerk
    Sedina
    Finkenwalde

this is one of those things that can take years before proof can be found, but i will try...

Cheers,
    Ger

?

wow ... what a beauty ...gerrit

really a special HJ knife!

William Kramer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3