Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transitional Hitler Youth knife for review

Article about: Hello everyone, I found what will be my first Hitler Youth knife for a good price Transitional Hitler Youth Knife by F.W. H?ller | Lakesidetrader I just want to double check there are no red

?

Default Transitional Hitler Youth knife for review

Hello everyone,

I found what will be my first Hitler Youth knife for a good price Transitional Hitler Youth Knife by F.W. H?ller | Lakesidetrader

I just want to double check there are no red flags before I get it shipped out.

Thanks
    Alex

Transitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional Hitler Youth knife for review
    P
    Many

Looks good to me! Late example minus the motto; take my opinion with a grain of salt until the pros chime in
    Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 10-13-2018 at 03:02 PM.

A tidy example, probably post 1938, doesn't appear to have had a motto. Looks like a steel hilt. The Holler mark is etched and is uncommon in that it shows the thermometer trademark as well as the RZM code on the blade. Later RZM only ones have the RZM code on the ricasso, struck not etched. Probably it was a style of mark used only briefly on their HJ knives. Early type Holler's just have "F.W.Holler Solingen" stamped on the blade.

?

The only thing that i see is the diamond looks to small for the griplate recess !

Any movement in the diamond ?, there should be on this because of the big gap !

?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Mac what’s your thoughts on the diamond - original / replaced? I don’t have it in hand yet. I’ve had a quick look at a couple of other Holler HJ knives on google which appear to have a sizable gap around the diamond as well.

Alex

?

Hi Alex,

The diamond is genuine enough, its the gap at top end that bothers me but it might be the way the griplate was moulded ? is the knife shipped yet ?, if not maybe you can ask the seller if there is any movement in the daimond just to make sure its not glued in ?, hopefully it will be ok mate.

Cheers Mac 66

The seller is known as a very reputable man. A good guy.

?

You’re right Ian. I’ve bought a few items from Paul before and found him good to deal with.

I received the knife last week and will post some photos on my next days off.

?

I received the knife and here are some of my photos. Having never held one in hand before I don't know about the diamond - I can't feel any wiggle in it.
    Transitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for reviewTransitional Hitler Youth knife for review

?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the pix mate, going by what i see now i,m much more positive in thinking that this is the origional hj diamond insignia that was fitted to your knife at the factory, looking at it closely you can see the diamond fits tight into the recess diamond shape in the grip with green verdigris around the outer edges of the diamond that has been there a long time

Enjoy your 1st hj knife

Cheers Mac 66

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast