Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transitional Hj knife Klittermann & moog

Article about: Hi all...looking at this hj knife i have a little concern: while the scabbard and the blade show use(scratches and few paint),the pommel shines as new...is it only a silly concern?? many tha

Default Transitional Hj knife Klittermann & moog

Hi all...looking at this hj knife i have a little concern: while the scabbard and the blade show use(scratches and few paint),the pommel shines as new,and the blade with no ricasso seems strange in 1938...is it only a silly concern??
    many thanks
    Transitional Hj knife Klittermann & moogTransitional Hj knife Klittermann & moogTransitional Hj knife Klittermann & moog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional Hj knife Klittermann & moog
    P
    Many

RZM and 1938, is that correct? I don't know anything about these other than I'll never buy one again at today's prices. My gut feeling is that the leather looks way too good for being 70 years old, especially the retaining ring and the snap button has no wear but the scabbard had no paint left (huge red flag to me)? You're right to be careful on this one. It looks old otherwise but personally still dubious, I'm leery of the RZM logo and the lettering underneath. The experts will be along shortly to pass accurate judgement.

You're right Larboard...my concerns are more than one...let's wait for other opinions
    many thanks

Here's the pics of the Hj knife of the same maker belonging to Gerrit...the maker mark is completely different..my concern may be justified
    Transitional Hj knife Klittermann & moog

?

Every Youth Knife I have seem to have owned has had some plating issues of wear on Cross Guard and Pommel as these pieces saw their use by "Das Hitler's Boys". I think you are going through good due diligence here. I have only a few of these HJ Knives so I would see what Gerrit and the other Blade Boys think. Personally I am having many issues with it. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-12-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

This has to many issues for me also. the handle pommel ect look mint but the scabbard has no point, must have beeb swapped out.
    It looks amazing but im kinda frightened on this one.

?

I've never seen in this form.
    do not look good the rivets.
    it could be a piece of handicraft.
    early blade with motto, handle new, lasered 38 and RZM
    I'm not sure
    the knife but it looks not so bad.
    difficult to say.
    RZM logo and look good too.
    motto looks good too.
    ...just do not like me rivets,maybe bad photo!
    back from the grip I want to see.
    There are more photos or a link?
    wait what the experts say!!!
    sorry for my bad english!Transitional Hj knife Klittermann & moog

regards

?

just my 2 cents:
    Lasered maker mark, Klitterman is known for its stamped logo, this one for sure isnt.
    The total lack of snap wear, the scabbard missing all its paint and still having this strap?
    To me a total redone thin blade with a laser etched logo and a replaced snap.
    This knife has a bit to much red flags to me..

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-13-2015 at 08:32 AM.

i suppose that someone took the logo found etched on Klittermann & moog Sa/Ss daggers as model to laser etch on this knife...but he chose the wrong way and the wrong blade

?

I agree with my fellow members opinions on this well messed with early hj

these fakers just do not know what foolishness to get up to

Mac 66.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast