Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Transitional HJ Knife,, need information

Article about: It is my Hj knife. What can you tell about this knife? This is a transitional model? When it could be made? Thank you. Sorry for my bad English.

Default Re: Transitional HJ Knife,, need information

Interesting stuff Ger, good eye!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional HJ Knife,, need information
    P
    Many

?

Ger,

Yes Rob Muller did have a mottoed Transitional as well as Non mottoed examples,

see link page 9 one belonging to Herman: Nec plus ultra: mottoed transitional knifes! - GermanDaggers.com

Regards Mac 66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional HJ Knife,, need information   Transitional HJ Knife,, need information  

Last edited by Larry C; 02-08-2013 at 08:55 PM.

?

Mac thx, can you get a good pic of the motto of Herman's knife?
    i'm not registered and can't see it, i would like to compare it with the etch above.

thx in advance!

Ger

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Quick question/comment. It's my understanding that from the catalog, the buyer could still choose to add the etch after it was discontinued due to cost?
    This is a great question!....any thoughts on this? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Mac thx, can you get a good pic of the motto of Herman's knife?
    i'm not registered and can't see it, i would like to compare it with the etch above.

thx in advance!

Ger

Hi Ger,

The motto on peppers knife looks a thinner etch compared to the motto on hermans which is a thicker etch, we need better detailed photos from pepper!

maybe a good idea for you to email herman & ask for better photos of the motto on his R. Muller .

Regards Mac 66.
    Last edited by Mac 66; 02-07-2013 at 11:12 PM.

?

QUOTE youthcollector:
    It's my understanding that from the catalog, the buyer could still choose to add the etch after it was discontinued due to cost?

Hi Larry,

Its the first time i heard of this as the regulation was for the motto to be discontinued after 1938 ?

youthcollector where did you hear this & do you have the catalogue to show that states this fact ?

Regards Mac 66.

The gentleman who told me this and had the catolog is a dealer at gun show in Houston. Sadly we no longer speak due to he told me all his items have a 100%. Return policy, no questions asked. But when I confronted with proof of several items which he sold me being repros, (example incorrect spelling of German on a ss stickpin, that was not the only item), he in return never responded to my email again. I can not be 100% sure due to that was at a time my German reading abilities were none existent. However, it only makes since that the wealthier kids would still have the option to do this and the companies would still offer it for a larger profit. I will try and do some digging myself and will inform you all of any findings.

Do you have period paperwork or something which shows the new regulation discontinuing the motto?

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Do you have period paperwork or something which shows the new regulation discontinuing the motto?
    No i havent but the motto was discontinued after 1938, saying that i,ve seen a few 1939 dated knifes with the motto, most probably the mottoed blades were left over from 38.

I don't understand why they would discontinue the motto, cost? If so, it would still be available upon request IMO. I'll see what I can find because honestly I'm just walking in the dark. As I said, at the time I didn't read German, so I can't be for sure.

?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Hi Ger,

The motto on peppers knife looks a thiner etch compared to the motto on hermans which is a thicker etch, we need better detailed photos from pepper!

maybe a good idea for you to email herman & ask for better photos of the motto on his R. Muller .

Regards Mac 66.
    Hi Mac,

the etch beingto thin: the same conclusion that i made comparing it with the first type Muller etch.
    Its just not a proper one.
    Im very certain its been added later, its in far better condition then the rest of the knife.
    I compared a lot of Motto's and the overal condition of the knife its on, they look different then the one shown above.
    By putting a Motto on it, they ruined a good honest knife..
    all for a few dollars more...pity!
    Ger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast