Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Transitional HJ Knife,, need information

Article about: It is my Hj knife. What can you tell about this knife? This is a transitional model? When it could be made? Thank you. Sorry for my bad English.

?

Default Re: Transitional HJ Knife,, need information

Hi Larry,

I honestly would not advise anybody to remove the griplates or daimond!,

These griplates are held tight by 2 rivets & a very tricky near impossible job to remove without doing damage to the bakelite griplates!, these would have to be drilled out very accurately indeed by a precision engineer imo.

Close up photos of the hj knife daimonds from pepper & ger & maybe a pic from herman if ger can ask him so we can compare each daimond.

@ pepper, not all hj knife daimonds have movement, just to let you know

Regards Mac 66.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional HJ Knife,, need information
    P
    Many

Hi Mac I agree whole heartedly and I support now more so your comment as I did not realize the underatking that is required to remove the plates. Nothing like an SA dagger at all. Thanks for the heads up! regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Mac I agree whole heartedly and I support now more so your comment as I did not realize the underatking that is required to remove the plates. Nothing like an SA dagger at all. Thanks for the heads up! regards Larry

Hi Larry,

No worries my friend as we are all here to learn & share our knowledge

Regards Mac 66.

?

Larry & Mac,

there is an easier way to resolve that problem.
    As the backplates are made of bakelite a rontgen photo can be made from the back, as the frame of a nice has a opening that at least show us 1 of the prongs.
    If the Photo is taking from above on the small side of the gripplate, it would also show if the diamond has prongs ( splits).

so all you need is a friendly dentist assistant, so throw in the charms laddie

Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Larry & Mac,

there is an easier way to resolve that problem.
    As the backplates are made of bakelite a rontgen photo can be made from the back, as the frame of a nice has a opening that at least show us 1 of the prongs.
    If the Photo is taking from above on the small side of the gripplate, it would also show if the diamond has prongs ( splits).

so all you need is a friendly dentist assistant, so throw in the charms laddie

Ger

Ger,

yes a good idea , i have seen an X-Ray photo of the hj knife griplate/daimond prongs done before by RussellM

Can we see a close up photo of your Muller daimond & peppers daimond to compare ?

Regards Mac 66.

?

The Internet link:
    ??????.???????
    (look at object at number 36 on the specified page).
    This is one example to compare diamonds. It seems to me that diamonds are similar.
    The X-Ray photo is good idea! Probably, I will be able to make it

Great idea Ger,, this way no damage to the grip plates and a Trained HJ eye will be able to see the details. Hopefully Pepper knows a dentist,, that would oblige him....watch your own teeth Pepper,,make sure you have all your teeth that you went in with! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by pepper View Post
    The Internet link:
    ??????.???????
    (look at object at number 36 on the specified page).
    This is one example to compare diamonds. It seems to me that diamonds are similar.
    The X-Ray photo is good idea! Probably, I will be able to make it

pepper, yes very similar indeed with fat Swaz

Regards Mac 66.

?

Hi Mac here is the HJ Muller Diamond ( btw its not my mine )

en here the muller diamond of the posted one:

they are different.
    Cheers Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post

they are different.
    Cheers Ger

Ger,

yes different as the daimond on peppers knife is the silver variant,

But both swastikas look a very similar size & thickness imo.

Regards Mac 66.
    Last edited by Mac 66; 02-10-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4