Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unique HJ Knife

Article about: Hi, This knife is owned by a friend who asked me to find out about it's current value. It's unique as it was owned by the policeman (his Grand Dad's brother) who was killed in a raid on Buck

Default Unique HJ Knife

Hi,

This knife is owned by a friend who asked me to find out about it's current value. It's unique as it was owned by the policeman (his Grand Dad's brother) who was killed in a raid on Buckingham Palace. Go onto the internet " Death at the Garden Gate" Tells the whole story. My friend also has all his other items from his days with the HJ, including some SA tinnie badges & an aircraft spotter book. The story isn't very well known I suppose, but it's pretty special as the Queen Mother unveiled a plaque of remembrance 20 or so years ago. Hope you can help Unique HJ KnifeUnique HJ KnifeUnique HJ Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique HJ Knife
    P
    Many

?

Welcome!!! Interesting items but could We perhaps see some better photos of the knife Thanks.

Default Blade clode ups

Unique HJ KnifeUnique HJ Knife

?

Nice transitional Henckels.
    cant make up what kind of scabbard it is.
    Henckels used painted scabbard on its earlier non ricasso ones, and this one looks anodised, but could easily be the flash that makes it look like that.
    Lovely knife

Ger

?

Hi Rackster,

Great hj knife with a true story of provenance to go with it makes this hj knife extra special imo

Quote from the story "Searching for a Ghost":

"The circumstances of Steve’s death were tinged with irony because before the war he had enjoyed several holidays in Germany with a group of Hitler Youth on a scout exchange project, I believe, and became deeply impressed with the discipline, bearing and way of life of the movement’s young members. When relating his experiences with us he was always very proud of a silver and pit stocking dagger bearing the Swastika which one of the members of the Hitler Youth had given him as a memento of one of his visits. And now, at the prime of his life, he had been struck down by someone from the very regime he seemed to admire so much”
    An extract from a letter from Doug Lightwood, Sept. 4th 1993.

link to story: A Death at Garden Gate - Home

Regards Mac 66

Thanks for the comments guys I'm totally new to the militaria world and very interesting to hold such a true relic - I can see why he treasured it!

great story nice knife.