Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WKC Bowie Blade Hj

Article about: Thanks to Ivan aka Stingray let me know this rare one was on sale at the SOS Also many thanks to Ron Wienand for selling it to me & shipping it safely Keeper for my stash

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    That's a stunning knife Mac. What date would you estimate it to be and do you believe the scabbard is period with it?

Estimated date of manufacture is 1942 - 43, this type of scabbard with pointed tip & pebbled leather hanger that matches the pebbled leather buffer pad on the blade, these are features seen on WKC bowie blade hj knifes, the 1942 dated WKC hj knife with standard blade has the same type of scabbard features , also these WKC bowie blade knifes come with an unmarked blade with no fuller, see link below for more details & info.

HJ Drop-point - GermanDaggers.com

Regards Mac 66
    Last edited by Mac 66; 03-21-2017 at 08:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Bowie Blade Hj
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Estimated date of manufacture is 1942 - 43, this type of scabbard with pointed tip, pebbled leather hanger & pebbled buffer pad are features seen on these WKC bowie blade knifes, the 1942 dated WKC hj knife with standard blade has the same type of scabbard features , also these WKC bowie blade knifes come with an unmarked blade with no fuller, see link below for more details & info.

HJ Drop-point - GermanDaggers.com

Regards Mac 66
    why an external link Scott, i showed both types
    From Hammesfahr and WKC birdshead to Grawiso Mottoed transitional & WKC bowieblade HJ

yours is in better shape then mine, page 1 of the post shows the one without the Knights logo and without a fuller, page 2 the same one as you show here.

Yours is as good as they come and congratz to a rare gem!!
    I simply love it .....what else can you do with a timecapsule knife like this!!!

Best
    Ger

?

Scott can you add these pics to the Sticky here on Warrelics?
    From Hammesfahr and WKC birdshead to Grawiso Mottoed transitional & WKC bowieblade HJ

Such a pristine knife would be a great addition to the post!

Thx M8!
    Ger

?

[QUOTE=gerrit;1722659]why an external link Scott, i showed both types

Just to show Anderson the scabbard details with info that he asked about , simples !

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Scott can you add these pics to the Sticky here on Warrelics?

Such a pristine knife would be a great addition to the post!

Thx M8!
    Ger

Yes will do m8

Cheers Mac 66

?

I also have an unmarked version of the WKC Bowie blade hj with no blade fuller, came with a blued finish trench/fighting knife scabbard, not a textbook scabbard but this is the way it was found in Sudetenland, blade fits the scabbard like a glove because these narrow blades were made to fit this type of narrow scabbard origionally compared to the wider hj scabbard, very pleased with this one

Best Mac 66
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Bowie Blade Hj   WKC Bowie Blade Hj  

WKC Bowie Blade Hj   WKC Bowie Blade Hj  

WKC Bowie Blade Hj  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2