Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo

Article about: Another recent pick up, matched K98 Eickhorn bayonet with winter camo on the frog and sheath. The paint is old and definitely period! The paint has absorbed into the leather and created a di

?

Default 1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo

Another recent pick up, matched K98 Eickhorn bayonet with winter camo on the frog and sheath. The paint is old and definitely period! The paint has absorbed into the leather and created a different shade of aging as opposed to the scabbard. Paint flecks on the grips, overspray on the frog reverse. I LOVE this bayonet!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo   1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo  

1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo   1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo  

1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo   1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo  

1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo
    P
    Many

Hi Newbie..Now thats something you dont see everyday..and would make sense painted for the Snow environment. I will move this thread to the K98 forum...and the rest of the details to the collectors there. Nice to see matching scabbard and blade. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just wondering. Is it possible that this could have been some kind of parade setup. I know they used the non-combat parade/dress bayonet early on, but this might have been a later war time rig. Just throwing something out there for consideration. Never seen a combat rig like this. Regardless, I think it's very nice.
    Mark

?

Any chance of getting some detailed photo's of the scabbard and back of the frog, including any markings?

Jim
    Last edited by Jim P; 10-11-2014 at 10:11 PM.

?

Sure thing, give me a day or so

?

Nice, i would expected the handle was too white painted? best regards,Andy

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Nice, i would expected the handle was too white painted? best regards,Andy
    Agreed and was wondering the same. If painted for the purpose of camouflage why the scabbard and frog but not the exposed portion of the bayonet? Interesting piece .....

It would make sense to paint the whole bayonet as would the practice of a whole Tiger tank..and not the bogey wheels. Mr Sutherland would think likewise of painting certain areas because its "Cool " looking
    Attached Images Attached Images 1940 matched Eickhorn K98 bayonet with winter camo 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill