Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

2 police acs bayonets

Article about: Hello everyone Can someone help me out with these two bayonets . they are both police acs . but the first one has a 100 stamp my question is how high and low do the numbers go ( i have seen

?

Default 2 police acs bayonets

Hello everyone

Can someone help me out with these two bayonets . they are both police acs . but the first one has a 100 stamp my question is how high and low do the numbers go ( i have seen aan 418 on this forum )
    The second one has a eagle stamp . but not a eagle B stamp . its a O
    Is That normal ?

many thanks . lexis 2 police acs bayonets2 police acs bayonets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 police acs bayonets
    P
    Many

Firstly it would be helpful if you posted a full set of photos rather than one closeup image, especially for wider educational purposes and correct identification.

German Police bayonets are an interesting subset of the S84/98 story. Normally they have no serial numbers or waffenamt marks. But some do have a inventory number which is usually stamped on the crossguard. The Police eagle mark is as you show, usually on the top of the ricasso spine or in the muzzle ring. And typically these are produced by ACS/ Coppel and show the scales trademark on ricasso. But Police used bayonets were sometimes pulled out from export stocks, such as the Spanish contract. In such a case there would be no pommel WaA, a Police eagle mark as mentioned and a "0" mark underneath the ricasso.
    Remember also other German Government civil agencies used S84/98 bayonets as well, and such bayonets also lack WaA marks.
    Last edited by Anderson; 04-03-2019 at 08:05 AM. Reason: spelling

?

Thanks for the reply Anderson

I knew they sometimes took export models but i never knew the different markings
    Is it the same story with the "100"markt one ?
    Maybe these photos wil help .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 police acs bayonets   2 police acs bayonets  

2 police acs bayonets   2 police acs bayonets  

2 police acs bayonets   2 police acs bayonets  

The black bakelite bayonet has the characteristic nail damage on the pommel from nailing notices to display boards or maybe road signs. The German coppers were shockers for using their side arm as a hammer, you can often find similar marks on Weimar era Polizei seitengewehr.

?

I have too observed that some of the police bayonet have a inventory stamp serialing on backspine of blade,possible this is a early production with star /F? B? proof and wood grips, the proof on the other piece could be Eagle/D with the D letter damaged so it looks like a O stamp, i believe B,C, D letters are confirmed. b.r.Andy

What I believe to be the most common of the three makers, the ones from Coppel seem to fall into two main groups. The early rust blued wood grip bayonets, and the later black plastic ones with multiple different TM's. Sometimes numbered (post manufacture) and sometimes not, some examples were also most likely reworked (like the Wehrmacht bayonets) with the numbers possibly added then. For my own purposes differentiating the Behörden types into three main groups. German police, German Behörden (multiple users), and the export models. In looking at all of them collectively: the flashguards, sometimes the style of markings, and the rarely seen presence of Waffenamts leads me to believe that they were probably pulled from Wehrmacht production especially with the later types. Best Regards, Fred

?

Many thanks to all
    i learned a lot

Funny detail tho . the 1837 was markt with pencil on the grips . ( sorry for the bad foto )
    lexis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 police acs bayonets  

?

by the way andy i think you are right i think its a D

?

Normal serialing on parts. b.r.Andy