Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching

Article about: Was told this is a rare Wuk all matching, supposedly rare to find all matching too...

?

Default 98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching

Was told this is a rare Wuk all matching, supposedly rare to find all matching too...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching   98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching  

98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching   98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching  

98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching   98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching
    P
    Many

?

one more pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 98k Wuk 1930's transitional make matching  

?

I saw this on the web "W.u.K. was the mark used by Weyersberg & Kirschbaum on bayonets they manufactured from 1927 through 1930". A friend said --->George Wheelers Seitengewher book he talks about them and their scarsity. Mine is marked 1930 e/46...mmm

Just think, I was going to sell this...and now that I know what it is as a transitional bayonet....I did well on my 4 blades

That is quite right Fbeaty a rare 84/98 for sure. I saw one a couple of years ago and it sold pretty fast. Heck of a nice find as far as German bayonets go. timothy

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    That is quite right Fbeaty a rare 84/98 for sure. I saw one a couple of years ago and it sold pretty fast. Heck of a nice find as far as German bayonets go. timothy
    Your everywhere...just like me Tim

Hello,

thsi a not a "transitional" S84/98 (this name officialy never exist)... this is the first production phase of the Seitengewehr 84/98 (so called III Model) from 1927 until 1930. A contract for the Waffenamt.

Regards

?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

thsi a not a "transitional" S84/98 (this name officialy never exist)... this is the first production phase of the Seitengewehr 84/98 (so called III Model) from 1927 until 1930. A contract for the Waffenamt.

Regards
    I Agree the word transitional was never officially used by the Germans...but in the period between Weimar Republic and Hitler, many use the term to distinguish the period of the two Governments. Examples are the m17 or m-18 German helmet being used by the new Wehrmacht until the new m-35's came out. The same was true with equipment. So it is purely just a term to distinguish the period. I was going to sell it when I first picked it with other blades...because I thought it was a WW1 bayonet...now I will add it to my collection. I am still learning...and if someone can provide more info on it, I will appreciate the knowledge and help. So I would assume this being a lot more valuable than a later period piece. If a normal bayonet runs about 150-200 US dollars...would this be about 300 bucks? or higher because of rarity and unit ID and so forth.

In the Peroid between WR und III Reich never calles them transitional... this is only a wrong modern cration... the same as the "commercials"....

Also the helmets were only called by the years of issue.

The most bayonets called transitional are made for contracts of authorities (Bahnschutz, Post, Polizei etc. )