Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

about it k98 bayonet

Article about: Hi I have a small collection of little piece of history and I think this forum is the best to find answers on authenticity and history of each one. This bayonet was purchased in the museum o

Default about it k98 bayonet

Hi
    I have a small collection of little piece of history and I think this forum is the best to find answers on authenticity and history of each one.
    This bayonet was purchased in the museum of bastogne their brands are

44 fnj and 9476i

some experten say I would know if this serial number would correspond really to the location and dates of the battle of the bulge.

his condition is not very good but it is what I like that their story is reflected in it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture about it k98 bayonet   about it k98 bayonet  

about it k98 bayonet   about it k98 bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement about it k98 bayonet
    P
    Many

Hi Ant, welcome to the forum!

The serial numbers on the bayonet has nothing to do with the location of where it was issued and used.

It was made by Alexander Coppel GmbH (aka Alcoso), Solingen in 1944.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Adrian said it!......

it could have been there,then again maybe not.who knows.

Hi AnotherAnt... interesting name..............100% authentic bayonet...no problems..a little worn..but still collectible. How did you acquire this bayonet...and the story of the Battle of the Bulge?.............when collecting these types ...most collectors hopes...that it served in some battle which most of them did..the question..which one. Was this a Veteran bring back? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I adquire it in museum of bastogne several years ago ,from there to believe was involved in the battle of the bulge ,was a finding of that time with other objects I could take that ,is an interesting place to visit.
    the museum is left behind my car m10 model let you park in front of door entrance

about it k98 bayonet
    about it k98 bayonet
    about it k98 bayonet
    about it k98 bayonet
    Last edited by another ant; 08-23-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Nice FNJ 84/98 still in collectible condition sounds like it might have history behind it. timothy

thanks all for information.