Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Almost sure these are real K98 bayonets

Article about: by Richie B Darren The last "matching" bayonet you mention in Post #5- it is not matching just because it has the same manufacturer - the bayonet and scabbard serial numbers must a

Default Re: Almost sure these are real K98 bayonets

Quote by Richie B View Post
    Darren

The last "matching" bayonet you mention in Post #5- it is not matching just because it has the same manufacturer - the bayonet and scabbard serial numbers must also match.

I am slightly confused because you mention two different manufacturers codes "cof" (Carl Eickhorn) and "fnj" (Coppel).

The first five bayonets are IMO worthless except perhaps for some spare parts.

Have a look at this site - lots of bayonets !

k98 bayonets data and registry

Regards

Richie

Sorry I wrote wrong, was looking at wrong pic, the bayonet has 43 FNJ written on it and 2877 or 2899 cant really see at the pic, but they match on both scabbard and bayonet.

I have looked at that site. Does it say somewhere which ones are more rare?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Almost sure these are real K98 bayonets
    P
    Many

?

The five bayonets are in bad condition the wood griped looks good unfortunally was nickled or chromed so the origin finish is gone, the best blueing in middle is Berg unfortunally heavily sharpened so i personally would pass on these, only with special marking could be interesting. The price is for me in range of spare parts, so 20-30 Euro. the other one cof 43 looks ok but it should be compared to other pieces, what are the serial numbers and letters? the scabbard is without finish but looks ok.best regards,Andy

Quote by AndyB View Post
    The five bayonets are in bad condition the wood griped looks good unfortunally was nickled or chromed so the origin finish is gone, the best blueing in middle is Berg unfortunally heavily sharpened so i personally would pass on these, only with special marking could be interesting. The price is for me in range of spare parts, so 20-30 Euro. the other one cof 43 looks ok but it should be compared to other pieces, what are the serial numbers and letters? the scabbard is without finish but looks ok.best regards,Andy
    I am a bit confused,he said cof 43 but it says 43 fnj on it? Is it worth buying? He has one in similar condition that is 43asw waffenamt 515 and number 2542 on blade ,no matching scabbard though.he wants about 80 eur a piece.what do you guys think

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Andy thanks again for helping me out also, thats wild I didn't know the scabbard with the high # on it , that T R meant third reich, wish I had the right bayonet that went with it oh well, thats life, thanks again, your help was greatly appreciated, now I know what all my k98 bayonets & scabbards are. your the man.

?

Himself, send me a PM if you want some help on these. I dont mind giving you my email address so you can send me some photos of ones you are looking at. I can give you accurate prices and makers names/years for each and every one. If the guy is sayin the bayonet is an Eickhorn and its really a Coppel, then I dont think he even knows what he has. Obviously matching bayonets are more expensive than mismatched. I personally would take the advice given, and stay far away from the first grouping youve shown. It really comes down to what you are willing to spend.....when it comes to combat k98s there are alot of factors that make up the overall value of a bayonet. There are makers and years that are more rarer than others. The amount of bayonets produced in a period of time and by a certain maker represents the bayonets rarity. Again, I would be glad to help you out on that as well. there are also many things you need to look out for.....like blades being re-blued. It is easier than people think to re-blue a blade to make the bayo look minty unfortunately. In this case you look for small clues....do the fittings match the minty blade? is the heat/firing plate behind the crossgaurd freshly "blued"? etc. Another thing I have seen people do is try to stamp the blades serial numbers into a scabbard. This is usually very easy to detect as it rarely comes out correctly. Also stay away from sellers who wont or dont give you good pics of the blade/#s/scabbards. For your first k98 I wouldnt rush into anything....look around and get a feel for prices and then buy a matching piece with a slight bit of honest wear, then you have yourself a nice example. Hope I could help with some basics of combat k98s.

This is good advice.

Save up and buy a good example. It will pay dividends in the long run.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I dont believe the Tr is a Third Reich to explain, the Tr stamp remain still unknown and should be named as special unknown contract.best regards,Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2