Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bajonet K98

Article about: Hello Forum Annoyed from this ads?   I have just this bajonet, and there are some stamps and numbers on it, cananyone gve me better/ more details: German Bajonet K98 The Scabbard The ob

Default Bajonet K98

Hello Forum
    I have just this bajonet, and there are some stamps and numbers on it, cananyone gve me better/ more details:

German Bajonet
    K98

The Scabbard

The obverse Scabbard has a stamp 42 CUL: cul ( E.Pack & S ), year 1942
    The reverse Scabbard has a stamp 184 i

Bajonet/ Ricasso
    The obverse blade ricasso has the serial number 4487 a, The ricasso additionally has a small letter “a” below the number

The reverse blade ricasso has a stamp: 41 COF (cof (Carl Eickhorn ), year 1941)

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bajonet K98   Bajonet K98  

Bajonet K98   Bajonet K98  

Bajonet K98  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bajonet K98
    P
    Many

?

Question

Don't know what you want?
    You have a mismatched WW 2 German issue bayonet for the K98k.
    You know who the maker was for both pieces.
    Sarge

Hi Sarge
    I am not very keen on bajonets, this is my first one, so i really hoped someone could tell me more about the bajonet according to the diffrent stamps/ numbers. I.e is The Scabbard made by cul ( E.Pack & S ), and is the year 1942 ? and the ricasso has a stamp: 41 COF (cof (Carl Eickhorn ), year 1941 ?, so the actual bajonet is made by Carl Eickhorm, and the scabbard by E.Pack, i just looked the numbers out on Google, but do not know much, so Again it would be nice with better additional information.
    Regards
    John

?

I think you have figured most of the important stuff out on your own As far as the numbers with a letter underneath, serial numbers ran from 1 to 9999, at 10,000 the sequence started over a 1 with "a" underneath up to 9999 "a" and so on and so forth. The scabbard has been cleaned down to bare metal and the bayonet looks like it has been reblued, hard to tell for sure with the photo's. Good starter piece.

Here is an article you may find interesting and could maybe answer any more questions you may have:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...-era-398814-1/

Jim

Hi Jim
    Thank you for your more elaborate info. Yes the scrabbard has been polished, and on the bajonet there is some blue/ dark color.
    Regards
    John

?

The scabbard is without finish, the bayonet was probably refurbisher or reworked as the blueing is too dark, the grips screw are wrong attached, anyone a missmatch bayonet.

Hi AndyB
    Thank you for additional info. I do not think the bajonet has been refurbished, there is just some dark color/ polish inside the scabbard. No would kner know if the bajonet has been fixed during the war or after, but anyhow nice to know if anyone has missmatched the bajonet.
    Regards
    Jonh