Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bayonet fake or not ?

Article about: Hi, i am asking about my bayonet is it fake ? and if it is worhtless And just for fun a nazi flask i found in an antic store Best regards John.

Default Bayonet fake or not ?

Hi, i am asking about my bayonet is it fake ? and if it is worhtless
    And just for fun a nazi flask i found in an antic store

Best regards John.

Bayonet fake or not ?Bayonet fake or not ?Bayonet fake or not ?Bayonet fake or not ?Bayonet fake or not ?Bayonet fake or not ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet fake or not ?
    P
    Many

?

Flask most likely 'fourth reich' i.e. fake.

Bayo looks legit though pics should be taken outside in natural light. The current pics are very murky.

Makers code 'agv' is Berg & Co, Solingen (the company also used makers code 'pyy').

Check to see, if its a matching numbers bayonet - what is the number on the scabbard?

Not worthless per se. Its a late war production finish, but value will be higher, if its a matching numbers bayonet.

I see often encountered non-matching generic bayos go from app 40-70EUR. Depends on the make, condition, rarity and where its sold of course. There are several variables.

Here are some more pics of number i found on the scabbard is 43.
    sorry for the bad pics

Bayonet fake or not ?Bayonet fake or not ?

I think the bayonet (which is real by the way) has been used after WW2 by another country. The number on the pommel is not standard WW2 German. The original serial "4116 c" has been struck out. It isn't worthless - just not very valuable in my opinion.

Which may also explain the brown frog..possible not belonging to the bayonet if the bayo was period found. Wait for more comments on the frog. Welcome to the forum!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Original s84/98 agv (Berg I think) made in 44 I definetly agree some foreign country has used it after the war as the serial no stamped on top of pommel is not of the type one encounters on German wartime pieces it also appears that original serial no on blade has been lined through. Have the waa been ground off? on the top side of the pommel that might also be a clue. I am sure some of the experts in s84/98 after the war will come along soon and solve the puzzle. But yes bayonet is real just where has it been since 1945 is the question. That frog I can't say for sure on it has German Police looks to it but part of it doesn't I haven't seen that type before on a combat bayonet and don't know what 43 on back means it is awaful large? From just looking at it it almost looks wide enough for a 98/05 ? timothy

?

Quote by zlatan777 View Post
    Here are some more pics of number i found on the scabbard is 43.
    sorry for the bad pics
    Thanks, but I meant on the metal scabbard/sheath where the bayonet blade goes in.
    Check both sides of the top of the metal scabbard - you can just see info stamped peeking over the frog* in one of your pics.

I concur with the above comments.

*Frog - the leather which holds the scabbard.

Ok bayonet, sheath and frog set - even if post-war used,
    but that flask is completely worthless.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Flask, IMO.......FAKE, Reasoning, Not quite 100% sure, but, as far as I am aware, the words "Stainless Steel 9oz" in English was NOT stamped onto/into 3rd Reich kit!

The bayonet, genuine, but 3R, not sure.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

A good call on the stainless steel marking, the frog is not a known variation for a WW II era German Police frog. And it's not a standard period CZ type although, it does have one similar characteristic while lacking another very significant one. But without looking into it more my guess being postwar, and outside of Germany. Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet fake or not ?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast