Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch

Article about: Hi friend, finally weather is much more better so I took some pictures of another K 98 bayonet from my collection. Bayonet is in not the best condition, but comes direct from the battlefield

Default Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch

Hi friend, finally weather is much more better so I took some pictures of another K 98 bayonet from my collection. Bayonet is in not the best condition, but comes direct from the battlefield. I purchased this bayonet when I was 8 years old and it cost me three cigarette package I remember we made this deal in primary school during the break and believe me, it was adrenaline experience. Blade is marked "42 asw" and "9218 g". Scabbard is painted with black color and no markings are visible. During massive Soviet attack in late 1944 Wehrmacht army leave a lot of equipment in our town and near villages, and this bayonet is little piece of history which I purchase, when I was very young.

I hope you enjoy photos, despite the condition of bayonet. I believe this weapon remember a lot of battles

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch   Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch  

Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch   Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch  

Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch   Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch  

Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet for K 98 rifle "42asw" mismatch
    P
    Many

Nice s 84/98 true relic and history. timothy

a beautiful bayonet produced by Horster(code asw) in 1942..i have the same producer and yeasr made bayonet but with wood grip)

An interesting bayonet with some history, I’ve seen a fair number of bayonets (and daggers) where the scabbards did a good job of protecting the blades while the scabbards were sometimes heavily damaged. Best Regards, Fred

Hi Peter..I consider anything we may do..or accomplish as a first time..has to be special. Although your bayo is salty in appearance...its the first find into the hobby that makes it more special than the rest.
    I have noticed mostly the makers "agv' and "asw"...seem to be the most produced..of all bayonets. Thanks for sharing your first time.. you lost your edged virginity when you were 8!! I lost mine when 14...and also a " agv " bayonet. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi to all friends, thanks a lot for your comments. When I post this thread, I know this bayonet is nothing special - standard and common bayonet, but 17 years ago you don´t know what is common and if you are only 8 years old, Wehrmacht bayonet is most valuable item, which you have And Larry you are right - this bayonet is one of the first

Regards peter