Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions

Article about: Hey All, I have these on hold these 2 bayonets, 1 hitler youth and 1 sawback working in a package trade / purchase. Still pending me working out a deal for the lot. Just wanted your opinions

?

Default Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions

Hey All,

I have on hold these 2 bayonets, 1 hitler youth and 1 sawback. Just working on a package trade or purchase & pending a deal for the lot. Just wanted your opinions on the bayonets. Like them both a lot but wanted opinions on the scabbards as they are not the typical we see. Always like to get your temp on things as fellow trusted collectors and know you love this stuff as much as I.

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions   Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions  

Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions   Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions  

Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions   Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions  

Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions
    P
    Many

?

The DOT 43 bayonet and scabbard look right as rain, The Czech frog that it is in could be considered right. Don't know if the J8A is Czech or German property/unit mark.

The early war 84/98 looks nice and the "skeletonized" frog looks properly constructed for ones that I have seen, but would want a second opinion from someone with more experience with them.

Jim

?

Quote by Jim P View Post
    The DOT 43 bayonet and scabbard look right as rain, The Czech frog that it is in could be considered right. Don't know if the J8A is Czech or German property/unit mark.

The early war 84/98 looks nice and the "skeletonized" frog looks properly constructed for ones that I have seen, but would want a second opinion from someone with more experience with them.

Jim
    Thanks for weighing in Jim...Thought process is in line with mine too. The Dot 43 bayo has the German Waffenamt acceptance stamps and I believe the Czech maker marked frog with unit stamped. The skeletonized frog was developed to fit along side a shovel that was being issued by the midwar period I believe from past findings. See as well what other bayo folks say as well. Have a good night and thanks again for taking time to opine. Hope you are well!

Hello, in my opinion very nice bayonets, in particular the Czech bayonet, and also in good conditions. The frogs are right for the bayonets, and I like a lot the Czech frog that is quite the same as Austrian 1895 bayonet frog. Thanks for sharing them with us

Couple of nice TR bayonets in frogs Jim P and Stahlem 16 pretty well summed it up. Agree on their imput. timothy

The bayonets are nice and original.

The frogs too.

The M42 frog for the entreching tool is a common type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions   Bayonets...Thoughts & Opinions  

?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    The bayonets are nice and original.

The frogs too.

The M42 frog for the entreching tool is a common type.
    Like your Mint Froggie Bro!

a couple of cracking bayonets.

All of the frogs and bayonets are good period items. And it's not unrealistic (IMO) to assume that an early Czech frog at some point was paired up with a near new later issue SG 24(t) 1943 dated bayonet. That said, many early Czech frogs were "Germanicized" (post manufacture modifications to make them more like German frogs). With it not uncommon to see especially the earlier manufacture examples of the SG 24 (t) bayonets in standard issue German frogs. Likewise, to see pairings of earlier issue S. 84/98 (98K) bayonets with later issue frogs like the "pebble leather" strap version of the M42 (folding shovel) frog which I believe is probably one of the later manufactured examples of the M42 frog, which is harder to find (the M42 but not rare). Good find . Best Regards, Fred

?

Nice czechoslovak unit marked prewar frog, with S24(t) added inside.The other S84/98 is too nice one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast