Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Eichhorn 1938 Seitengewehr

Article about: My first K98 Seitengewehr, got it in the mail yesterday. A little rusty and mismatched, but original! IMG_1598.jpg

?

Default Carl Eichhorn 1938 Seitengewehr

My first K98 Seitengewehr, got it in the mail yesterday. A little rusty and mismatched, but original! Carl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrCarl Eichhorn 1938 SeitengewehrIMG_1598.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Eichhorn 1938 Seitengewehr
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Carl Eichhorn 1938 Seitengewehr

A nice combat veteran.......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Bayonets need to look used otherwise they shine like daggers :-)

?

I agree! Thanks fellas.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Bayonets need to look used otherwise they shine like daggers :-)
    LOL its nice to hear you like daggers too

Nice pick up Doomtown,,I think its in great condition as mentioned above. IMO these bayonets are on the scary end of the spectrum as they were used against someone during battle...compared to shiny daggers
    I feel there is nothing wrong with mismatched numbers as sometimes things happen during that time as the bayonet was either lost or the scabbard was bent up at some point. Maybe the soldier picked it up from a dead comrade...just speculation,, but a nice find regardless. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Oh totally Larry, I'm imaging them just using them to open cans... So beautiful though, and the bakelite grips are so handsome, I just had to have one for my Heer impression. I also have a "Butcher Blade" from WW1, so I needed one of these as well. The "Butcher Blade" is really scary, I bet that one definitely got used!
    Eddie