Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Clamshell dress bayonet opinions

Article about: For myself it's not an area of extensive specialization, but I tend to agree with some of the statements also having some concerns where it does not look like I think it should to a reasonab

Default Clamshell dress bayonet opinions

Please comment on this bayonet which I have, is it a good one and any other information you can give.

overhaul length 345mm

Blade 200mm

Thanks z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Clamshell dress bayonet opinions   Clamshell dress bayonet opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Clamshell dress bayonet opinions
    P
    Many

?

Beautiful short Weimar police bayo! I really can't tell you anything about originality, as I have never handled one, let alone owned one! It sure looks right to me, but better wait for other more experienced opinions.

Jim

Agree with JimP hard to comeby Weimer Prussian Police sidearm don't come cheap. timothy

Original Weimer Prussian Police Horster dress bayonet complete with frog and portapee. Even retains the leather buffer ring. A Superb set!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This type of bayonet was not my area, but early Horster logo should look like these one?

Regards
    Vedran

It would depend on just when this bayonet was produced. It being Weimar, it could, theoretically, have been made as late as the early 30's. E&F Horster of Solingen had at least 3 makers marks(4 if you count the "Horstator" mark-and actually More, if you include the "u" variety as substituted for the "&", as this one has). The Mark on this particular bayonet/sidearm is just fine and within the time period for the usage of this mark. I would be more than happy to own this piece.
    William

?

This Horster mark doesn't bother me, I have seen this style on cut-down police clamshells that were accepted as original. The frog and scabbard are what I don't know about. Most are leather with a dress style frog, however this set up may be perfectly fine with this very short carbine style, I just don't know. Billy G would be the one with more knowledge, among others I'm sure.

Jim

?

Very nice!

Quote by Jim P View Post
    This Horster mark doesn't bother me, I have seen this style on cut-down police clamshells that were accepted as original. The frog and scabbard are what I don't know about. Most are leather with a dress style frog, however this set up may be perfectly fine with this very short carbine style, I just don't know. Billy G would be the one with more knowledge, among others I'm sure.

Jim
    By all means, we should wait for someone who knows...
    William

Be careful of this bayonet..I have seen a thread on the GDC a long time ago concerning this pommel enhancing. I would like to hear from Fred and a few others who also have seen this particular bayonet. I remember this being a contentious subject...and the end result this was a high end fake. I would encourage a discussion on this.

I agree with Vedran also that the Horster logo is not what it seems...having a thin look to it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast