Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet

Article about: This one looks like it was used,worn finish,scabbard and bayonet stayed together,a good thing,bringback bayonet.

Default Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet

This one looks like it was used,worn finish,scabbard and bayonet stayed together,a good thing,bringback bayonet.Look at the wear on the hilt in last pic,didnt get that from sitting in some armory through the war,wish it could talk!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet   Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet  

Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet   Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet  

Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Love when the numbers match up. Nice piece!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Nice one TC. Combat K98 with this sort of patina are my favourite. Blade looks worn but clean. Even without the provenance of someone's Dad or grandfather brought it back, it has the look of a veteran souvenir. Just the sort of thing an allied soldier would claim after disarming a prisoner in 1944 or '45. And the age looks like it could have been carried from Russia to France. As you say, if only they could talk!

Thanks guys,appreciate it!Would the grips be numbered or waffenamp inside on this era bayonet?

Great bayo TC....which has tons of charater and a huge battlefront story to tell. I like them like this

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TC there will be a Waffenamt mark under the flashguard which should match the mark on the hilt. There will be assembly marks and numbers under the grip plates. But be very careful not to damage the screw crossheads if you take a look. nothing worst than seeing a K98 with savaged screwheads.

Battle worn and tested just the way I like them
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks guys,appreciate it!Would the grips be numbered or waffenamp inside on this era bayonet?
    Without taking one apart to verify, speaking generally circa 1940 the grips internally will not only have the same Waffenemts, but also be numbered to match. The flashguard also numbered etc. Or not, because the Germans did perform overhauls with some bayonets depending on the time period, and whomever performed the work - the other variable being the maker. Best Regards, Fred

Toecutter

Found these photos showing the sort of markings you might find. Different bayonets - not mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet   Combat used WKC 1940 bayonet  

Thanks guy for the comments and great info!Yeah dont think I will take the grips off,screws may be frozen pretty good,dont want to bugger them,both sides of grips match in color,dosent look like they have ever been off the bayonet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast