Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

D.R.P. bayonet

Article about: Hey guys I need your opinions on this bayonet. This is a first time I have seen short DRP bayonet and first time made by Pack. Is that possible ? Regards

Default D.R.P. bayonet

Hey guys
    I need your opinions on this bayonet.
    This is a first time I have seen short DRP bayonet and first time made by Pack.
    Is that possible ?
    Regards

D.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonetD.R.P. bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement D.R.P. bayonet
    P
    Many

Hello,

and the DRP stamp is a fake... i also think the frog is a reproduction.

Poorly... a original Bayonet has been damaged by putting this fake stamp on it.

Postschutz bayonets were stamped DRP with a serial number. 99% are made by P. Weyersberg. Very rare is a litle stock from Alex Coppel Solingen.

D.R.P. ob the frog means Deutsches Reich Patent not Deutsche Reichspost.

Here a Original:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.R.P. bayonet   D.R.P. bayonet  

D.R.P. bayonet   D.R.P. bayonet  

D.R.P. bayonet   D.R.P. bayonet  

While I agree with much of what Sleepwalker has stated, from the images I think that the frog is a period item with the D.R.P. as he stated representing a Deutsches Reich Patent that probably applied to the painted metal back plate versus an unreinforced conventional leather one. With comparable dress frogs not common, but also not particularly rare, and having nothing to do with the Deutsches Reich Postschutz. As for the bayonet itself, the markings have been faked for almost as long as I can remember - with P. Weyersberg the legitimate seeming maker of choice. But even with P. Weyersberg, the only ones that I was really comfortable with personally were those that had some indications of legitimate age. And of course the combat types of Postschutz bayonets which are a lot harder to fake. Best Regards, Fred

Not a good one.

?

LOOKS like a reproduction to me just doesnt look good sorry to say

?

I like the frog as well. The marking is nice and clean, unlike the added stamps on the bayo itself and as has already been stated, nothing to do with the Reichspost. The bayo is not a reproduction, just been "juiced up" with the added D.R.P. stamps.

Jim

Thank you guys,I'm going to send back to the seller.
    I appreciate your help and knowledge.

Regards

?

Frog is imo an Original, typical alu reinforced frog with the correct stamped D.R.P.

That's a original KS98 dress frog with patent mark on back I have had several of the metal backed ones. KS98 is in good shape but as stated by Sleepwalker and Fred DRP stamps have been put in them for years fakers not realizing that only certain makers made postal contracts as stated. timothy