Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Dak bayonet

Article about: Heres my dak bayonet , early 1937 matching bayonet with the early green webbed tab hope you like it , and yes i know my tables a bit knackered but i like the rustic look rgds Dave

Default Re: Dak bayonet

Hi Sleepwalker,, welcome to the forum and you have a nice collection of bayonet frogs of different type varieties. Thank you for sharing. Regards Larry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dak bayonet
    P
    Many

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

this kind of webbing frog were made since 1942 and were used on the complete SOUTHERN FRONT (Südfront) ... so North-Africa, Italy, Greek, South-Russia, Balkan ... NOT only by the DAK. After 1943 these frogs were given to all the other parts of the Army... so today you cant say its a bayonet worn in Africa. The last ones were made 1945 out of "pressed paper" garment.
    A nice grouping of the web type frogs, with especially the blue Luftwaffe one being one that is sought after. Known to some collectors as "tropical" frogs to include the latter issues after the DAK was no longer operational, I think that the source of the frog can also be a factor. With in the U.S. some frogs coming from North Africa veterans that never went to any of the other places where they were used. But with others we will probably never know - although the earlier the frog the better the chance IMO for it to be DAK. FP

?

Nice display.
    Table is just fine ; - )

Hello,

yes for the US the most will came out of North Africa and Italy.

The most think the blue one are the rarest... but there still exist much more rarer Variations ... i searched longer and still search.

There is for example the Variation with the bread-bag Loop, the one made out of British captured webbing or the one made out of pressed paper garment ( made 1945 - code: oxm 45 = Bedel & Cie, Magazintaschen, St.Etienne/Loire (F) - 1945 ). Or the web frog for the Luftwaffe-Machete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dak bayonet   Dak bayonet  

Dak bayonet   Dak bayonet  

Dak bayonet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Dak bayonet 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3