Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is Dress Bayonet Authentic?

Article about: I am new here and I have a quick question. I am an intern archivist and am currently archiving our Holocaust exhibit items. We have a Heer dress bayonet, but I can't find any maker marks on

Default Is Dress Bayonet Authentic?

I am new here and I have a quick question. I am an intern archivist and am currently archiving our Holocaust exhibit items. We have a Heer dress bayonet, but I can't find any maker marks on the blade like I have seen on others. Does this automatically mean that it is a reproduction, or can it still be real?
    Is Dress Bayonet Authentic?Is Dress Bayonet Authentic?Is Dress Bayonet Authentic?Is Dress Bayonet Authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is Dress Bayonet Authentic?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is Dress Bayonet Authentic?

no maker mark is not uncommon. if my eyes are right, it looks to be a short model dress bayo, in a long model scabbard. both look to be authentic. if you put the blade agenst the scabbard as if it was in it, i think you will see the scabbard is longer than it needs to be for that blade.
    welcome to the forum
    Andrew

Thanks for the welcome. It is the short model (20 cm blade) and you are right about the scabbard. I hadn't noticed that.

Blade and scabbard are not matching.
    Dress bayonets, (Extra-Seitengewehre), are coming with blade lenght´s of 20cm and 25cm.

The blade of your bayonet looks sharpened.

The frog belongs to the duty-bayonet of the Wehrmacht.

Welcome to the forum Wrigley,, there is alot of great people here to help in every area of collecting edged weapons of the Third Reich period. You came to the right place Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill