Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome

Article about: Hello! Up for review is this long dress bayonet etched from F. W. Holler. Personally I think the etching is from ww2 as I have compared it to other Holler etchings, but I still would like ot

Default Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome

Hello!

Up for review is this long dress bayonet etched from F. W. Holler.

Personally I think the etching is from ww2 as I have compared it to other Holler etchings, but I still would like other opinions.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for the sideways pictures. I don´t know why they turn like this.

Regards,
    MrMiler

Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcomeDress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome
    P
    Many

This dagger got the thumps up on Waf.
    551 views and not one comment on this page...
    I think it looks great. You don't agree?

Cheers.

Hi Mr Miller..you have some incredibly detailed photos as I myself can see that the etch is something to see. and by the way..this is the correct forum for this Dress bayonet..some days the forum ran hot and cold..but you did post it in the correct forum.

I will keep your thread at the top until more comments can be made. The Bayo guys might all be out getting sandwiches

Yes I agree also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello Mr. Miler,

I have a only 2 etched pieces in my collection from the Carl Eickhorn firm so I am not as up on the Holler Etchings. From the ones I have handled in the past this looks like a good ES102 pattern etching. It is one of the more common out there by Holler but I have not seen one in this nice condition. A cracker of a rig in my opinion. I see you posted this over 14 months ago with little or no replies here.

I took liberty to crop and spin your photos of blade for you so easier to view. . I know myself and many other fellow blade guys shy away from etched blades as some have been done post war. See what others think but based on pictures the depth of etch it looks right to me. The colorization / oxidized look to the blade also looks period to me as well.

As far as having a mint rig they do not get much better. The knot, Hilt, red felt slot buffer, Frog, blade and the plating on this piece is amazing. thanks for posting again. What are your concerns? Are you thinking of selling? Why post again after a years + time? I hope others opine as I like it.

here is a link to my artillery sword by Eickhorn that is etched: Army Artillery Sword
    here is a link to my Eickhorn dress bayo that is etched: KS98 etched bayonet

Cheers!

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome  
    Attached Images Attached Images Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome  Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome  Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome  Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome  Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome  Dress bayonet engraved - Holler. Opinions welcome 
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The quality of the etch is far above the endless fakes we usually see. In my opinion, it looks like the proverbial frog's hair genuine piece. Well found-an excellent pick up. I like the knot as well. Not much more to want.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hello Mr. Miler,

I have a only 2 etched pieces in my collection from the Carl Eickhorn firm so I am not as up on the Holler Etchings. From the ones I have handled in the past this looks like a good ES102 pattern etching. It is one of the more common out there by Holler but I have not seen one in this nice condition. A cracker of a rig in my opinion. I see you posted this over 14 months ago with little or no replies here.

I took liberty to crop and spin your photos of blade for you so easier to view. . I know myself and many other fellow blade guys shy away from etched blades as some have been done post war. See what others think but based on pictures the depth of etch it looks right to me. The colorization / oxidized look to the blade also looks period to me as well.

As far as having a mint rig they do not get much better. The knot, Hilt, red felt slot buffer, Frog, blade and the plating on this piece is amazing. thanks for posting again. What are your concerns? Are you thinking of selling? Why post again after a years + time? I hope others opine as I like it.

here is a link to my artillery sword by Eickhorn that is etched: Army Artillery Sword
    here is a link to my Eickhorn dress bayo that is etched: KS98 etched bayonet

Cheers!

Rossi

Thanks for your comment Rossi.
    I really don't have conserns about the dagger. It has all been positive feedback on other forums.
    I just had forgotten that I posted it here and was a little surprised it didn't have any comments. So I figured I might have posted it in the wrong forum.
    Anyway..I just thought you guys wanted to have a look.