Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dress Bayonet Help Please.

Article about: I picked this up directly from the estate of the Vet that brought it back but have not been able to figure out the the set. I know it does not mean much but wanted to give the back story. Th

Default Dress Bayonet Help Please.

I picked this up directly from the estate of the Vet that brought it back but have not been able to figure out the the set. I know it does not mean much but wanted to give the back story. The dress bayonet looks great but does not appear to be in the correct scabbard, but the frog looks good and is not dated. The other bayonet shape is not something I am familiar with, especially a plated version. All help is appreciated.
    John

Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dress Bayonet Help Please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress Bayonet Help Please.
    P
    Many

Sort of unrelated lot. The bayonet is a standard Third Reich era parade KS98, the scabbard is from a earlier German parade S1871/84 and the frog is a combat version for the S84/98 (K98) bayonet.

Thank you Anderson. Much appreciated. The dress M1871/84 was in the lot of items also. Make sense now. Someone put together the items incorrectly. I removed the frog from the scabbard and had not identified the dress bayonet yet. The dress bayonet is in pretty good condition
    John

Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.Dress Bayonet Help Please.

You've done well John. That is a very nice condition W,K & C parade S71/84, it's not that easy to find one with good plating. And you do have the matching scabbard.

Thank you Anderson. This one is not one I am going to keep as it is a bit too early for my collection.
    John

Fair enough John, but these bayonets were still making an appearance in the early years of the Nazi party. Have a look at this photo from 1923.

Dress Bayonet Help Please.

The guy standing at the right wears a S1871/84 bayonet with troddel.

Thank you for the information Anderson. Makes it more of a tough call as I have several items from WWI that served in WWII.
    John

?

Nice S71/84 dress bayonet, where the scabbard was mixed, frog is of S84/98 from WW2 period. b.r.Andy

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Nice S71/84 dress bayonet, where the scabbard was mixed, frog is of S84/98 from WW2 period. b.r.Andy
    Thank you Andy. The frog is also 1942 dated. It is a little tough to read.
    John

?

Frog is a LW type, made by Franz Brehme ,Walsrode 1942.