MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dress bayonet, right?

Article about: by kfssir As a relativly new collector to the TR, i learn a new thing or more every time i read this forum. Happy new year to all Paul Hi Paul Glad your here..and enjoying the walk. There is

Quote by kfssir View Post
    As a relativly new collector to the TR, i learn a new thing or more every time i read this forum.

Happy new year to all

Paul
    Hi Paul Glad your here..and enjoying the walk. There is alot more to see Happy New Year too. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress bayonet, right?
    P
    Many

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    NCO saber was used by all of military families, not just the cavalry units.
    Bayonet and dagger are being used, because easier to wearing when you walk, and and simplified production.
    But the saber still has primacy, during a march in the parade.
    Almost all countries in this period are followed this trend.

Regards
    Vedran
    Vedran,

I understand what you are saying, and if the NCO saber mentioned is the TR government issue brass hilted one then we are in agreement. But I must most respectfully have to disagree if it's the "dress" type of saber - unless you have some period regulations or photos that disprove what I stated. What I have are some period photos (which unfortunately are not at this time in digital form) of TR era cavalry soldiers on parade going past a review stand. On their horses, with the sabers they are holding this government issue service model saber - not a privately purchased "dress" model. And some other possibly a little earlier photos with NCO's (on horseback) a different model of Kavalleriesäbel für Unteroffizier mit Portepee. With my point here being that mounted soldiers on parade were not walking. With another thread on the forum (that I cannot find at the moment) that discussed the TR, Weimar, and Weimar transition to the TR era and the sidearms that were used. Which I think also had an excerpt from a 1936 German publication on these different sidearms.

With Best Regards,

Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images Dress bayonet, right? 

Dress bayonet, right?

Regards
    Vedran

The fact that it's been heavily sharpened leads me to think
    it could have been used as a 'fighting/utility' knife by an
    Allied soldier. It's been done with lots of other types
    of knives and bayonets.

Still, not worth much as it is.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2