Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog

Article about: Just got this one. Green Felt. Brown Frog. Could this be Luftwaffe Ground troops? Doug

Default Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog

Just got this one. Green Felt. Brown Frog. Could this be Luftwaffe Ground troops? Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog   Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog  

Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog   Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog  

Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog   Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog  

Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Echorn Stag Grip KS Luft. Green W/ Brown frog
    P
    Many

?

Looks to be a nice, early war, KS98. It looks like a good frog, but I am unused to seeing the added lines on the hanger and throat though. Probably OK, but better wait for an opinion from someone with more experience with dress frogs. As to the felt plug, there are those who believe that they denote branch of service and those who believe that they were nothing more than a color choice of the purchaser.

Here is an old thread that shows the branch of service breakdown:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...n-frog-135390/

Jim

a cracker of a KS98 love it.

Very beautiful KS98 stag handle as stated agree looks like a Luftwaffe frog holes in frog are odd like someone used them to hang it at any rate nice set. timothy

?

Very nice bayonet and the stag horn grips really make these. I would agree the holes are just from someone nailing it to a wall I have a couple of brocade belts with two nail holes. Vets didn't treat this stuff the way a collector would.

just an observation the 2 smaller holes on the back of the frog appear to be inverted where as the larger hole was nailed from the inside going out. I am curious as why the 2 smaller holes were struck from the back of the frog going in. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill