Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.

Article about: Hi, Had this Eickhorn marked Pioneer dress bayonet for a couple of years now but thought I would post some photos up here for your review/opinions. It has a dummy release button and is stamp

Default Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.

Hi, Had this Eickhorn marked Pioneer dress bayonet for a couple of years now but thought I would post some photos up here for your review/opinions. It has a dummy release button and is stamped underneath the scabbard frog stud with these numbers and letters ( 555 C E ) I tried to photograph them but not very successfully. All comments welcome. Cheers, Andy.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Pioneer with frog and knot.
    P
    Many

That's a very nice Pioneer "walking out" bayonet Andy. They are not common, though were always in the period catalogues from the 1930's. This one we can narrow the date down as it has Eickhorn's trademark used in 1933-35. Note it is without the "C.E." under the squirrel. The 555 CE mark under the scabbard lug is interesting and probably a part number. And confirms the scabbard is Eickhorn. Overall a very attractive set including frog and troddel. Thanks for sharing it with us.

TWS
    ?

Nice example! Thanks for sharing.

?

A very high quality build as can be expected of Eickhorn.
    Congratz on this beauty, Anderson pointed out its blessings perfectly!

Ger

?

S84/98 dress version. b.r.Andy

Hello Andy

A very nice early Eickhorn dress bayonet indeed!
    Not often encountered these early ones by Eickhorn..
    I do have one.. will post that one later.
    But one to be proud of Andy.

Hi,
    Thanks very much for all your replies and comments it's nice to have all the things my most trusted dealer told me about this piece confirmed. This is my first Dress Bayonet and I grabbed it the instant it came up for sale before anyone else had a chance to snag it and I particularly liked the added bonus of the lovely frog and knot, shame there is no felt insert in the rifle mortise though just to finish it off but then I can't always have everything. Just out of interest did dress bayonets with a rifle mortise always have a coloured felt insert or were some sold without it? I realise that many of those that did have lost theirs over the years.
    Regards, Andy